Here are some general rules to follow for trash and recycling pickups for Novi’s solid waste program. If you have any questions, please contact GFL Environmental USA at 248-204-6759. To ensure your trash and recycling is picked up, please:
- Trash service delayed on Thanksgiving by one day.
- Place your garbage and recycling in the appropriate carts by 7:00am on your collection day. Carts should be removed by the evening of your collection day.
- Each cart should have 3 feet between it and any other item.
- Do not overfill carts. If you have additional garbage, please place it in another container that is no larger than 35 gallons. If you need additional carts, contact GFL Environmental.
- Do not put hot ashes, charcoal or hazardous materials such as paint, chemicals, liquids, car batteries, etc. in your garbage or recycling cart.
- Label your yard waste containers with a yellow sticker (can be picked up at the Civic Center) and bundle your sticks. Yard waste ends week of Dec. 13.
Waste Less. Recycle More
Visit the Resource Recovery and Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County (RRRASOC) website at for additional curbside recycling information and community recycling events.