View Agenda for this Meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, JUNE 19, 2000, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor
ProTem Lorenzo, Council Members Bononi, Crawford, Csordas, DeRoche and
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Relocation of Tornado Warning Siren north of Nine Mile Road and west
of the Thornton Creek Elementary School driveway from Nine Mile/Taft Road.
- Reprogramming of Community Development Block Grant Funds
- CITY MANAGER
- DEPARTMENT REPORTS
A. Ice Arena – Kathy Smith-Roy
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for appeal of denial of Land Division Application – Parcel
50-22-36-376-008, Larry Bennett & Martin Leavitt-property located on Eight
- Approval of the Thornton Creek Elementary School site for the
relocation of the Nine Mile/Taft Road Tornado Siren.
- Request for variance from Design & Construction Standards – Lot
#21-Mockingbird Glen Subdivision (10 Mile and Beck Roads) to exclude
construction of walkway.
- Approval of Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project and
award of contract to PLC Novi West Development, in the amount of
$10,626,574.76 all contingent upon adoption of Revised Special Assessment
District No. 155 Resolution No. 7.
- Approval of Landscape Architectural Services Proposal jointly
submitted by Linda C. Lemke & Associates and Gregory M. Baughman
Associates, Inc., for the Twelve Mile Road Improvements Project-Special
Assessment District No. 155 and authorization for the preparation of a
- Request from PLC Novi West Development LLC to revise SAD #155 to
reflect additional costs associated with right-of-way acquisition,
construction, and utility burial and adoption of Revised Special
Assessment District No. 155 Resolution Nos. 5 & 6 – Twelve Mile Road and
Other Roadway Improvements.
- Request for Adoption of Resolution authorizing construction and
right-of-way cost reimbursement to PLC Novi West Development, L.L.C. from
Special Assessment District No. 155 contingent upon adoption of Revised
SAD Resolution No. 7 – Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements.
- Request for adoption of Resolution regarding Notice of Intent to Issue
Special Assessment Bonds, in the amount of $ 18,435,000 – Twelve Mile Road
and Other Roadway Improvements, SAD No. 155.
- Adoption of Zoning Map Amendment 18.593-B (Mr. Akarakcian)-Proposed
rezoning of 6.54 acres in Sec. 10 on the east side of Dixon Road and north
of Twelve Mile Road from Residential Acreage District (RA) to One-Family
Residential District (R-1) or any other appropriate zoning district.
- Approval of Agreement with Henry Sasson for completion of SAD No. 94
- Approval of Main Street/Town Center Façade Revisions to Building 200 &
300 located in Section 23, south of Grand River, and east of Novi Rd.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-164 An ordinance to grant CMS
Marketing, Services and Trading a nonexclusive, revocable franchise to
conduct a local electric power business within the City of Novi for a
period of fifteen years – 1st reading. .
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-165 – An Ordinance to grant DTE Energy
Marketing, Inc. a non-exclusive, revocable franchise to conduct a local
electric power business within the City of Novi for a period of fifteen
years – 1st reading.
- Approval of Resolution adopting 2.3% pass-through water rate increases
for all bills rendered after August 1, 2000
- Authorize Mayor and City Clerk to execute the Warranty Deed – DWSD
Booster Station/Water Storage Facility – 14 Mile/Haggerty Rd.
- Award bid for a General Contract to Project Control Systems, Inc., the
low bidder, for addition and alterations to the Police Building based on
their Base Proposal plus the acceptance of Alternates No. 1, 2 & 3, in the
amount of $1,930,000.00.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES:
1. Watershed Planning and Stormwater Management – Member Bononi
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- June 5, 2000, Regular Meeting
- Schedule Executive Session immediately following the meeting for the
purpose of discussing Union Negotiations.
C. Adoption of Ordinance No. 2000-163-to add Article V to Chapter 25 of
the Novi Code of
Ordinances creating a City of Novi Ice Arena Committee-2nd
reading & adoption.
- Adoption of Resolution No. 6-Special Assessment District #154, Shawood
Walled Lake Heights Subdivision Sanitary Sewer, scheduling Public Hearing
No.3 for Monday, July 10, 2000, at 7:30 pm
- Adoption of Resolution No. 4 – Special Assessment District #156,
Henning Street Water Main Extension, scheduling Public Hearing No.2 for
Monday, July 10, 2000, at 7:30 pm
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2-Special Assessment District #159, Lake
Wall, John Hawthorn’s Subdivision 1 & 2 and Supervisor’s Plat No. 2 Water
Main Extension, scheduling Public Hearing No.1 for Monday, July 10, 2000,
at 7:30 pm
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2-Special Assessment District #160, Lake
Wall, John Hawthorn’s Subdivision 1 & 2 and Supervisor’s Plat No. 2 Street
Paving, scheduling Public Hearing No.1 for Monday, July 10, 2000, at 7:30
- Approval of Budget Amendment #2000-10 Fourth Quarter Amendment
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate and Change Order in the amount of
$42,198.34 to T & M Asphalt for the Civic Center Parking Lot Improvement
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 3 – Main Street Village Off-Site
Storm Sewer Improvements Project in the amount of $48,314.04.
- Approval of Traffic Control Orders:
1. 00-43, No Turn on Red on South Lake Drive at Southbound approach
2. 00-44, No Turn on Red at Northbound approach on West Park Drive
3. 00-45, No Turn on Red at Westbound approach on West Park Drive
4. 00-48, No U Turn on South Lake Drive near the west end of the
Bristol Corners Boulevard
- Acceptance of Public Streets and Utilities – Bristol Corners West,
Subdivision No. 2.
- Adoption of Resolution enlarging the Seeley Drainage District by 8.1
- Approval to purchase 43 sets of Stinger flashlights and holders from
CMP, the low quotation, in the amount of $3,526 (Police Department)
- Approval to purchase photo exhibit system from John Bozung, in the
amount of $4,100
- Approval of Michigan Department of Environmental Quality’s
Administrative Consent Order ACO-SW99-008 Main Street Sewer.
- Adoption of zoning Map Amendment 18.594 – Proposed rezoning of 2.55
acres in Section 16, located south of Grand River and east of Beck Roads
from Low-Density Multiple-Family Residential District (RM-1) to Office
Service District (OS-1) or any other appropriate zoning district.
- Authorize Mayor to enter into agreement with City of Novi, S. Lyon and
Lyon Township for provision of dispatch services.
- Adoption of Resolutions accepting easements associated with the
Chattman Erosion Repair Project from Berger/Lewiston Associates.
- Adoption of Resolution supporting the Oakland County Parks Millage
Renewal on the August 8, 2000 primary ballot.
- Award of bid for the purchase of 14 Dell Computers to Park Place, the
low quotation, in the amount of $15,400.
- Approval of Claims and Accounts: Warrant No. 574
- Letter from the City of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Re: invitation to
participate in the Huron River Day scheduled for Sunday, July 9, 2000
- Letter from South Pointe Condominium Association, Re: opposing
presentation made by John Pisha at the May 1, 2000 Council meeting,
regarding the closing of through traffic on South Lake Drive at the Park
- Letter from Joseph G. Toth, Re: Support of Toni Nagy for Planning
- Information from Pauline Druschel/Brenda Evans regarding Novi Public
Library’s activities that coordinates with World War II day.
- Letter from RCOC dated 6-1-2000 advising of status of the Novi Road
project from 10 Mile to Grand River.
- Letter from JCK & Associates, dated June 7, 2000, Re: Ten Mile Rd.
Pedestrian/Safety Path Update
- Letter from ABC Cab Company requesting an increase in cab fares.
- Letter from Douglas Shaeffer, Police Chief, dated June 12, 2000, Re:
Landing of aircraft on public roadways
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
unless otherwise noted.
27-Novi Youth Assistance
4-CITY OFFICES CLOSED
11-Zoning Board of Appeals
13-Parks & Recreation Commission
20-Ordinance Review Committee
20-Economic Development Corp.
25-Novi Youth Assistance