PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, May 20, 2021 – 7 P.M.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Pursuant to the State of Michigan Open Meetings Act, all members shall identify their physical location by stating the county, city, and state from which he or she is attending the meeting remotely.
Commissioners Dooley, Staab, Joseph, Joshi, Riggins, Smith, Torimoto
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Commission requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with the Commission. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
A. Approval of April 2021 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Riggins & Smith
B. Novi Parks Foundation – Commissioners Joseph, Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks and Facilities Updates
1. Village Wood Lake Park- Commissioner Dooley
2. Ella Mae Power Park- Commissioner Joseph
3. Rotary Park- Commissioner Smith
7. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
A. Outdoor Exercise Stations
8. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Park Projects Update
2. CAPRA Re-Accreditation Update
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Director Jeff Muck
1. Special Outreach Services Update
9. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.