|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Landry, Mayor Pro Tem Capello, Council Members Gatt, Margolis, Mutch, Nagy, Paul
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Recognition of 2005 Annual Holiday Decorating Contest winner, the Jeff and Carol Seelenbinder Family.
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Commerce Township Sanitary Sewer Agreement for Commerce Township to provide Wolverine Lake sanitary sewer service (no change in Novi capacity allowance).
2. Adoption of Resolution for Acceptance of Membership and Adoption of Bylaws for the Alliance of Rouge Communities.
3. Acceptance of Saratoga Circle streets, water main and sanitary sewer; approval of storm drainage maintenance easement agreement and adoption of Act 51 New Street Resolution accepting Alcott Circle, Eliot Lane and Emerson Way as public, adding 3,632 linear feet or 0.688 miles of roadway to the Citys street system.
4. Appointments to Boards and Commissions.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Approval of Sewer Utility Ordinance Amendment 05-28.52 to amend Chapter 34, "Utilities" of the City of Novi code in order to revise the Sanitary Sewer Flow District "Exhibit A" in Sections 34-499.3, 34-490, 34-462(b), 34-499.21, 34-499.11-12 (First Reading) subject to a corresponding amendment to the related payback agreements exhibits.
6. Approval of Water Utility Ordinance Amendment 05-37.31 to amend Chapter 34, "Utilities" of the City of Novi code in order to revise the Water availability fees (capital charges for City financed water availability improvements since 1976) in Sections 34- 21 (First Reading) and consideration of related draft resolution setting water availability fees.
7. Approval of Nine Mile and Center Street Utility Ordinance Nos. 05-37.32, 05-28.53,
05-28.54, 05-28.55 to amend Chapter 34, "Utilities" of the City of Novi code in order to formalize and add the following Sections 34-118.29-33, 34-499.25-28, 34-499.29-31 and 34-499.33-35. First Reading
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: Consent Agenda items which have been removed for discussion and/or action.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
Light on Northbound Beck Road to west bound Grand River Member Paul
Signage on I-96 for Rock Financial Showplace Member Paul
Exit ramps from I-96 at Beck Road Member Paul
CONSENT AGENDA: Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office.
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Enter Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of December 19, 2005 in the Council Annex for the purpose of discussing pending labor negotiations, pending litigation and written legal opinion from legal counsel.
C. Approval to accept extension of banking services with Fifth Third Bank for an additional three-year contract period based on a 3% increase for an estimated annual cost of $17,000 to $20,000.
D. Approval of resolution to authorize the purchase of additional service credit by a City employee.
E. Approval of final adjusting change order and final pay estimate to Florence Cement Company for the Novi Road/Post Office Access Intersection Signalization project in the amount of $36,428.17.
F. Approval to apply for a DTE Energy Tree Planting Grant, for a maximum grant award of $3,000 (Citys grant share is $3,000 to be funded from the tree fund).
G. Approval to exchange one 1981 American LaFrance Quint Pumper Fire Engine to Oakland Community College in exchange for an equal amount ($7,500) of training to be provided to the City of Novi Fire Department.
H. Approval of final adjusting change order and final pay estimate to Troelsen Excavating Company for Special Assessment District No.172 Bentley and Blomfield Subdivisions Water Main Extension project in the amount of $20,364.20.
I. Approval to extend the gasoline contract with Mansfield Oil (truck transport deliveries) and Atlas Oil (tank wagon deliveries) through MITN (Michigan Intergovernmental Trade Network), a cooperative purchasing program through January 2008. Pricing will be consistent with the original bid prices of December 2003.
J. Acceptance of Infinity Medical Center water main and sanitary sewer and approval of storm drainage facility maintenance easement agreement.
K. Acceptance of Chason Properties water main as public and approval of storm water maintenance facility agreement.
L. Approval of Resolution adopting policy, required by state law, protecting the confidentiality of Social Security numbers provided to the City.
M. Approval of license agreements from four Saratoga Circle residents to place non-standard material (brick pavers and flagstone) for private walkways within the right-of-way.
N. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 711.
1. Letter from Robyn E. Veros Re: Massage Therapist as a Home Occupation
SCHEDULED MEETINGS All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
21 Youth Council Council Chambers 3:00 p.m.
21 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
23 City Offices Closed
26 City Offices Closed
30 City Offices Closed
2 City Offices Closed
9 City Council Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
10 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
11 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
12 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
16 City Offices Closed
18 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
23 City Council & Planning Commission Joint Meeting Council Chambers 6:30 p.m.
25 Youth Council Council Chambers 3:00 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.