|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
SWEARING-IN CEREMONY Mayor Csordas, Council Members Gatt, Nagy, Paul
Oath of Office to be administered by 52nd District Court Judges: Honorable Dennis N. Powers, Honorable Brian W. MacKenzie and Honorable Robert Bondy
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Boy Scout Troop #407
ROLL CALL: Mayor Csordas, Council Members Capello, Gatt, Landry, Lorenzo, Nagy, Paul
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
MAYORAL APPOINTMENT OF MAYOR PRO TEM
1. 2004 Community Development Block Grant Fund Program
2. CITY MANAGER Grand River Avenue Bridge over CSX railroad tracks reopening ceremony is Friday, November 14 at 10:00 AM (gather at west end of bridge)
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Resolution authorizing 2003 Special Assessment Limited Tax Bonds, in the amount of $2,330,000 (Maybury/Tuscany/Singh Sanitary Sewer)
2. Approval of permanent sanitary sewer easements from The Archdiocese of Detroit for Special Assessment District 170 and the sanitary sewer construction to service the Our Lady of Victory Church Parcel Numbers 50-22-32-400-013 and 50-22-32-400-014.
3. Approval of permanent Sanitary Sewer Easement from Ingeborg C. Zayti Revocable Living Trust over Parcel Number 50-22-32-400-012 for Special Assessment District 170 sanitary sewer construction.
4. Approval of the request of Claudio Rossi of Mirage Development for approval of the Final Plat for the Wilshire Abbey Subdivision. The subject property is located on the west side of Beck Road, between Nine and Ten Mile Roads. The applicant is proposing a 29 lot subdivision.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Consideration of Ordinance No. 03-81.21, an amendment to Chapter 33, Traffic and Motor Vehicles of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to adopt by reference as it exists now and in the future the Michigan Vehicle Code to comply with State Statutes. 2nd Reading
6. Consideration of the request from Toll Brothers Development to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement, Site Plan 03-15, for the fourth amendment to the original agreement. This amendment would allow for the removal of the barn on the property and its subsequent donation to an organization in the Novi area.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval of Traffic Control Order 03-12 for the installation of a sign No Through Trucks Over 10,000 lbs. on eastbound and westbound Nine Mile Road between Beck Road and Taft Road.
C. Approval of South Lake Drive License Agreements for the placement of conduit pipe under South Lake Drive
D. Approval of request from 27355 Cabaret Drive LLC, to accept the water main and additional Cabaret Drive right-of-way over parcels 50-22-15-126-017 & 50-22-15-126-018 in the Timber Creek Office Park Condominium development as public utilities, along with all easements and documentation required by the City of Novi for such acceptance.
E. Approval of request from Key Industrial Development LLC to accept the water main constructed to service Unit 7 of the Beck North Corporate Park-Novi site condominium development as a public utility, along with all easements and documentation required by the City of Novi for such acceptance.
F. Approval of request from G.R.O. Management LLC to accept the water main constructed to service Lots 36, 37, 38 (f/k/a Lots 30-34) of the Beck West Corporate Park site condominium development as a public utility, along with all easements and documentation required by the City of Novi for such acceptance.
G. Approval to accept the Conservation and Preservation Easement and the Ingress/Egress Easement for the Wilshire Abbey Subdivision.
H. Approval of Emergency Access Stub Easement, Affidavit providing Notice of Easement in Escrow, the Escrow Agreement, and Memorandum of Agreement relating to Escrow of Meadowbrook 8 Emergency Access Stub Street Easement and all documents required by the City of Novi to facilitate such.
I. Approval to award bid for written test for Lieutenants and an Assessment Center for Sergeants to Jack Clancy, the low bidder, in an amount not to exceed $3,500 (Lieutenants test) and $7,000 plus a not to exceed amount of $3,000 for reimbursables (Sergeants Assessment Center).
J. Approval of Resolution Number 6 Special Assessment District Number 168-West Lake Drive Water Main Extension, setting Public Hearing Number 3 for December 1, 2003.
K. Approval of Resolution Number 6 Special Assessment district Number 169 West Lake Drive Paving, setting Public Hearing Number 3 for December 1, 2003.
L. Approval of Massage Business License for Ivy Garden Therapeutic, located at 42010 Grand River, Suite B.
M. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 660
1. Letter from James Burton Re: Meadowbrook Townhomes
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
10 Library Board Library Meeting Room 7:00 p.m.
11 Veterans Day City Offices Closed
13 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
19 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
20 Historical Commission Civic Center 7:00 p.m.
24 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
27 Thanksgiving Holiday City Offices Closed
28 Thanksgiving Holiday City Offices Closed
1 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
2 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
8 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
10 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
11 Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
15 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
17 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m.
24 Christmas Eve City Offices Closed
25 Christmas Day City Offices Closed
31 New Years Eve City Offices Closed
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.