|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Proclamation for October 2003 National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Special Assessment District No. 168 West Lake Drive Water Main Extension.
Special Assessment District No. 169 West Lake Drive Road Paving.
Community Recreation Plan 2003-2008.
Local Law Enforcement Block Grant 2003 Proposed Use of Funds.
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.626, request from Alan and Kathy Bond, as the applicant on behalf of three property owners, to rezone the subject properties located in Section 18 on the west side of Wixom Road and south of Grand River Avenue, from R-1 (One Family Residential) to B-2 (Community Business).
2. Consideration of the request of Ken Albers of Diversified Land Development, LLC for preliminary site plan approval with a PD-1 (Planned Development) Option, Design and Construction Standard waiver for public sidewalk, and a wetland permit, for a 27-unit residential development, SP 02-15B. The subject property is located in Section 10, on the south side of 12-1/2 Mile Road, west of Novi Road in the RM-1 (Low Density, Low Rise Multiple Family) District. The subject property is 4.633 acres.
3. Consideration of concept proposed by Mr. Lee Alan for the use of city property located at 13 Mile and Old Novi Road (former site of Walled Lake Casino) for the proposed Music and Family Festival - July 1-4, 2004.
4. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-1.03 amending Chapter 30, "Special Assessments" in order to revise and clarify the procedures for approval of special assessments for local public improvements, of the Novi City Code regarding procedures for Special Assessment Districts. 2nd Reading
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
5. Consideration of Ordinance No. 03-28.49, an Ordinance requiring payment of availability fees (for Special Assessment District 170). 2nd Reading
6. Approval of Resolution Setting Availability Fee for Sanitary Sewer Service Availability provided by sewer improvements financed by Special Assessment District 170.
7. Approval of Notice of Intent Resolution (SAD #170) for the City of Novi Special Assessment Limited Tax Bonds (Maybury, Tuscany, Singh) in an amount not to exceed $2,500,000.
8. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-124.13, an ordinance to amend Chapter 11, "Design and Construction Standards," Article VIII, "Streets, Roadways, and General Right-of-Way Requirements," of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances for the purpose of clarifying the requirement that an aggregate base of sufficient depth be installed under concrete roadways. 1st Reading
9. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.16 amending Section 37-30 Woodlands review process to be addressed by Planning Commission. 1st Reading
10. Consideration of Ordinance 03-61.01 to provide definitions, penalties, sanctions and enforcement of Municipal Civil Infractions for the purposes of establishing and administrating violations of City ordinance provisions defined to be "Municipal Civil Infractions." 1st Reading
11. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-172, an ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances to implement a Municipal Civil Infraction penalty for select ordinance provisions. 1st Reading
12. Consideration of Ordinance Amendment 03-81.20 for ordinance regulating cost recovery for emergency responses to motor vehicle accidents and arrests involving drivers operating motor vehicles under the influence of or impaired by intoxicating liquor and/or controlled substance. 1st Reading
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Discussion of Community Development Block Grant property swap pertaining to Sandstone litigation Member Lorenzo.
2. Discussion and inquiry concerning City of Novi's Detroit Water and Sewerage Department water purchase rates per letter received from Oakland County Drain Commissioner, John P. McCulloch dated 9/19/03 Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
3. Update on Economic Development Committee Status Member Csordas.
4. Walden Woods II Subdivision streets condition and repair Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval of Traffic Control Order 03-08 for the installation of a No Thru Traffic sign posted on westbound Beckenham Boulevard at Beck Road.
C. Approval of Traffic Control Order 03-09 for the installation of a No Thru Traffic sign posted on northbound Kensington at Nine Mile Road.
D. Approval of Traffic Control Order 03-10 for the installation of a Yield sign on southbound Barclay Drive at Stratford Lane in the Barclay Estates Subdivision.
E. Approval to send out proposals for grant writing services on a contractual basis (Parks, Recreation & Forestry).
F. Approval of contract with Resource Recovery Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County for city management of the recycling center located at the Public Works facility (Delwal Drive).
G. Approval of Resolution Number 5 - Special Assessment District Number 168 West Lake Drive Water Extension, directing the City Assessor to prepare the Special Assessment Roll and to file the roll with the City Clerk for presentation to City Council.
H. Approval of Resolution Number 5 - Special Assessment District Number 169 West Lake Drive Paving, directing the City Assessor to prepare the Special Assessment Roll and to file the roll with the City Clerk for presentation to City Council.
I. Approval of Storm Drainage Maintenance Agreement between Gateway Village of Novi, LLC and The Shops of Gateway Village of Novi Association located on the northwest corner of Grand River and Meadowbrook Road.
J. Approval of Storm Drainage Maintenance Agreement with the Gateway Village of Novi, LLC Association located on the northwest corner of Grand River and Meadowbrook Road.
K. Approval of South Lake Drive License Agreements for the placement of conduit pipe under South Lake Drive.
L. Approval to accept the Woodland and Open Space Conservation Easement for the Kirkway Place Condominium Development.
M. Approval to award Fall 2003 Street Tree Planting contract to the low bidder, Greenscape, in the amount of $59,538.
N. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 658.
1. Letter from Robert L. du Rivage Re: Low Power FM Radio
2. Petitions from Jeffrey and Lori Harris Re: Music and Family Festival (July 1-4, 2004)
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
7 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
9 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
13 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
15 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
16 Ordinance Review Committee Council Chambers 6:00 p.m.
16 Parks, Recreation & Forestry (Special meeting) Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
17 Historical Commission Civic Center 7:00 p.m.
20 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.