|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
PRESENTATIONS Proposed Music and Family Festival (Walled Lake/Novi) - Mr. Lee Alan
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of Amendment No. 2 to Maybury Park Estates RUD Agreement.
2. Consideration of Agreement for the Finance of Sanitary Sewer Improvements and Creation of Special Assessments on Properties, Special Assessment District No. 170, Maybury-Tuscany-Singh extension of Sanitary Sewer in Section 32.
3. Consideration of Ordinance No. 03-28.49, an Ordinance requiring payment of availability fees (for Special Assessment District 170). 1st Reading.
4. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.629, the request of RSM Development, LLC, to rezone the subject property located in Section 16 on the south side of Twelve Mile Road and west of Taft Road, from R-A (Residential Acreage) to OST (Office Service Technology). The subject property is approximately 9.86 acres.
5. Consideration of Engineering Agreement with URS-Michigan for Westmont Village Repaving and Drainage, not to exceed the amount of $32,000.
6. Consideration of Change Order No. 1, in the amount of $250,000, with Tiseo Brothers, Inc. for 2003 Neighborhood Repaving Contract-concrete to add Westmont Village Repaving and Drainage Phase 1.
7. Approval of Midas Purchase Agreement, Deed and Easement, cost $150,000, Parcel No. 22-15-200-018, for Special Assessment District No. 155.
8. Approval of DMC Purchase Agreement, cost $149,923, Parcel No. 22-14-200-035, for the Twelve Mile Road GAP.
9. Approval of Redfern Purchase Agreement, cost $211,471, Parcel No. 22-14-200-025, for the Twelve Mile Road GAP.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
10. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-1.03 amending Chapter 30, "Special Assessments," in order to revise and clarify the procedures for approval of special assessments for local public improvements, of the Novi City Code regarding procedures for Special Assessment Districts. 1st Reading
11. Approval to award the contract for Construction of the Haggerty Detention Basin, to B & V Construction, the low bidder, in the amount of $441,406.00.
12. Approval of resolution to authorize Budget Amendment #2004-03, including back-up power generators.
13. Consideration of easement agreement to construct a 24" water main on International Transmission Company property, Parcel No. 22-16-226-013, located in Section 16,for the Taft Road Extension, in the amount of $1 and application review fee in the amount of $10,473.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. City Water Service Assessment and Action Plan Mayor Pro Tem Bononi
2. Unilateral decision by a Council Member Member Csordas
3. Request by Fountain Walk manager, Schostak Brothers & Co., for updates to City Vending Regulations Mayor Clark and Member Capello
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval to purchase Maximum Solutions software for the Novi Ice Arena in the amount of $7,900 ($7,500 software, $400 training).
C. Approval of Authorizing Resolution supporting the Novi High School Homecoming Parade on Saturday, October 11, 2003, from 11:00 a.m. 12:30 p.m., as required by the Road Commission for Oakland County annual permit for use of roadways under their jurisdiction.
D. Approval to hold a Public Hearing on October 6, 2003 for the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG) 2003 Proposed Use of Funds.
E. Approval of request from the Homeowner Association for Amberlund Estates to approve the Street Name Sign Agreement.
F. Approval of request from the Homeowner Association for Bristol Corners to approve the Street Name Sign Agreement.
G. Approval to seek bids to replace Civic Center stage curtains.
H. Approval to award the Parks asphalt pathways bid to Summit Transport, Inc., the low bidder, in the amount of $11,184.
I. Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement for Novis portion of the Baseline Resurfacing Project from Haggerty Road to east of the I-275 northbound exit ramp for placement of 272 square meters of concrete sidewalk on the north side of Eight Mile Road for City participation of $11,960.
J. Approval to set Public Hearing on October 6, 2003 for the purpose of obtaining public input for the Community Recreation Plan 2003 2008.
K. Approval to award bid for a vehicle wash contract to Original Two Dollar Car Wash based on unit prices.
L. Approval of proposed Sanitary Sewer Easement in the amount of $1 for Kirkway Place located off-site on Bosco property; Parcel No. 20-200-012.
M. Approval of additional South Lake Drive license agreements for the placement of conduit under South Lake Drive.
N. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 657
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
1 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
6 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
7 Zoning Board of Appeals Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
9 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
13 Library Board Council Chambers 7:00 p.m.
15 Planning Commission Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
16 Ordinance Review Committee Council Chambers 6:00 p.m.
16 Parks, Recreation & Forestry (Special meeting) Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
17 Historical Commission Civic Center 7:00 p.m.
20 City Council Council Chambers 7:30 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.