|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Contract Special Assessment District No. 170 Maybury-Tuscany-Singh extension
of Sanitary Sewer in Section 32
2. CITY MANAGER - Report by Clay Pearson: Response to Blackout Emergency
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of the request from Alan and Kathy Bond, as the applicant on behalf of three property owners, to rezone the subject properties located in Section 18 on the west side of Wixom Road and south of Grand River Avenue, from R-1 (One Family Residential) to B-2 (Community Business).
2. Consideration of Agreement for the Finance of Sanitary Sewer Improvements and Creation of Special Assessments on Properties, Special Assessment District No. 170, Maybury-Tuscany-Singh extension of Sanitary Sewer in Section 32.
3. Consideration of request from the Novi Group No. 2 LLC for a variance from the Woodlands Protection Ordinance for Bristol Corners North and Bristol Corners South, located east of West Park Drive at South Lake Drive.
4. Consideration of request from the Novi Group No. 2 LLC for a waiver of the sidewalk ordinance along the north right-of-way line of Bristol Corners North Subdivision.
5. Approval to award bid to D & J Lawn and Snow, Inc., the low bidder, for the Community Sports Park baseball field improvement project, in the amount of $113,255.45.
6. Approval of contract for the asphalt portion of 2003 Neighborhood Road Repaving Program to Oakland Excavating Company, the low bidder, in the amount of $515,121.65.
7. Approval of contract for the concrete portion of 2003 Neighborhood Road Repaving Program to Tiseo Brothers, Inc., the low bidder, in the amount of $604,711.00.
8. Consideration of the request from Irish Beer Works, Inc. to transfer ownership of 2002 Class C licensed business with dance permit, located in escrow at 18100 W. Ten Mile, Southfield, MI 48075, Oakland County, from The Golden Mushroom, Inc.; transfer location to 42875 Grand River, Novi, MI 48375, Oakland County; and request a New Entertainment Permit. (Gus OConnors)
9. Resolution authorizing issuance of General Obligation Refunding bonds, Series 2003.
10. Approval of First Quarter Budget amendment.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
11. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-18.172 to amend Ordinance 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, as codified in Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance, of the Citys Code of Ordinances, Section 2509, Landscape Standards: Obscuring Earth Berms and Walls, Rights-of-Way Buffers; and Interior and Exterior Landscape Plantings in order to update and revise the entire section. 2nd Reading and resolution adopting the Landscape Design Manual.
12. Approval of Ordinance 03-45.27 an Ordinance to amend Appendix C, "Subdivision Ordinance", of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances for the purpose of conforming the ordinance to amendments made to the landscaping provisions of the Citys Zoning Ordinance relating to trees and plantings within subdivisions.
13. Consideration of Agreements requested by Providence Hospital for Utility Payback Waiver related to Special Assessment District No. 83 and Special Assessment District No. 93 reimbursement payable to Providence Hospital.
14. Approval to award the contract to Farrow Group, the low bidder, in the amount of $16,900 for demolition of City-owned building at 43726 Grand River Avenue.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
1. August 6, 2003, Special Joint Council and Planning Commission
2. August 11, 2003, Regular
B. Approval of South Lake Drive License Agreements for the placement of conduit pipe under South Lake Drive.
C. Approval of request from Post Bar Novi, 42875 Grand River, Suite 104, for an Arcade License with seven (7) machines.
D. Approval to apply for and accept, over the Internet, the 2003 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
E. Approval of Zoning Text Amendment 18.181, to amend the Zoning Ordinance for the purpose of creating a new Article 27, "Special Accommodation Use." 2nd Reading
F. Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 15 for the Police Building Addition Project in the amount of $22,112.40, with Project Control Systems, Inc.
G. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 655
1. Letter from Simone Good Re: Sidewalk on Wixom Road south of 11 Mile Road.
2. Letter from Eric Goodwin Re: Boy Scout Troop #324.
3. Letter from Teri Fraser Re: Chateau Estates Mobile Home Park.
4. Letter from Linda Roberts Re: Beck North II.
5. Petition from Bristol Corners Subdivision Re: Support of Denial of woodland permit.
6. Letter from Carol Berner Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
7. Letter from Meadowbrook Commons Resident Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
8. Letter from Joe and Rachel Gluck Re: Beck North Phase Woodlands Approval.
9. Letter from Catherine Adams Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
10. Letter from Jean Hoerle Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
11. Letter from Corrine Kobe Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
12. Letter from Eleanor Ross Re: Staff at Meadowbrook Commons.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
1 Labor Day City Offices Closed
3 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
8 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
18 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
22 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you