|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Community Appreciation Service Plaque John Chambers, Library Board of Trustees
2. Community Appreciation Service Plaque Kathleen Mutch, Library Board of Trustees
1. Revised Special Assessment District 162 Pioneer Meadows Sanitary Sewer
2. Revised Special Assessment District 163 Pioneer Meadows Water Main
3. Special Assessment District 168 West Lake Water Improvements
4. Special Assessment District 169 West Lake Road Improvements
2. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Command Officers (Lieutenants and Sergeants) 7-1-03 through 6-30-06 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
2. Approval of proposed water and sewer rates resolution for 2003-2004.
3. Consideration of request from West Lake Drive residents for variance from the Design and Construction Standards for Special Assessment Districts 168 & 169.
4. Approval of Development Agreement between Brightmoor Christian Church/PT Commerce, LLC and the City of Novi for property located in Section 1, north of Thirteen Mile Road and west of M-5, and approval of Zoning Map Amendment 18.621 for rezoning of subject property from RA (Residential Acreage) to RM-1 (Low Density, Low Rise Multiple Family).
5. Approval to Award the contract for the South Lake Drive reconstruction project to Anderzack-Pitzen Construction, Inc., the low bidder, in the amount of $1,768,981.00.
6. Approval to award the Design-Build contract for the Clean Michigan Initiative Outfall Repair and Streambank Stabilization grant project to the consulting team of Tilton and Associates, Inc., and Applied Science, Inc., in the amount not-to-exceed $177,050.
7. Approval of Professional Services Agreement with M.C. Smith Associates and Architectural Group, Inc. for design, engineering and construction supervision services for the Community Sports Park Ball Field Improvement Project, in the amount not-to-exceed $12,000.
8. Approval of Resolution to authorize the fourth quarter Budget Amendment #2003-6.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
9. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-18.172 to amend Ordinance 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, as codified in Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance, of the Citys Code of Ordinances, Section 2509, Landscape Standards: Obscuring Earth Berms and Walls, Rights-of-Way Buffers; and Interior and Exterior Landscape Plantings in order to update and revise the entire section. 2nd Reading
10. Approval of Ordinance 03-45.27 to amend Appendix C, Subdivision Ordinance, of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances for the purpose of conforming the ordinance to amendments made to the landscaping provisions of the Citys Zoning Ordinance relating to trees and plantings within subdivisions. 2nd Reading
11. Approval of Ordinance Number 03-28.48, to amend Subsections 34-429, 34-419 and 34-435 of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to revise the requirements for Sanitary Sewer Connection Charges (Amendments to Special Assessment Districts 83, 94 and 97). 1st Reading
12. Approval of Ordinance Number 03-37.30 to amend Subsections 34-99(a) and 34-111 of the Novi Code of Ordinances, to revise the requirements for Water Main Connection Charges (Amendments to Special Assessment Districts 93 and 98).1st Reading
13. Discussion of Zoning Ordinance Amendment No. 03-18.182, an ordinance to amend the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, as previously amended, for the purpose of providing a procedure and standards for allowing a property owner to propose, and allowing the City to approve a site specific development, including conditions with a proposed rezoning. (Continuation of March 29, 2003 Policy Discussion)
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Westmont Village Pavement and Drainage Issues Mayor Pro Tem Bononi
2. Surplus City Properties Mayor Pro Tem Bononi
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approval of Minutes:
B. Adoption of Resolution Number 3 - Special Assessment District 168 West Lake Drive Water Main Extension.
C. Approval of Resolution Number 3 - Special Assessment District 169 West Lake Drive Road Paving.
D. Approval of Revised Special Assessment District 162 Pioneer Meadows Sanitary Sewer Extension Revised Resolution Number 5, directing the City Assessor to prepare the Special Assessment Roll and to file the roll with the City Clerk for presentation to City Council.
E. Approval of Revised Special Assessment District 163 Pioneer Meadows Subdivision Water Main Extension Revised Resolution Number 5, directing the City Assessor to prepare the Special Assessment Roll and to file the roll with the City Clerk for Presentation to City Council.
F. Approval of Outdoor Gathering Permit requested by the Novi Lions Club for Arts & Treasures Show at Fountain Walk Mall June 7 & 8, 2003.
G. Approval to award bid for Vending Services for City Hall, Police Department and Parks, Recreation & Forestry, and the DPW facility to AIM Vending, the low qualified bidder, based on unit pricing and rate of commission.
H. Approval to award a three (3) year contract for local telephone services to XO Communications, the low bidder, based on unit costing and with an annual estimated cost of $43,000, and award the implementation of the Telecommunications Program to Plante & Moran at a cost of $4,300.
I. Acceptance of Park Place Subdivision Sanitary Pump Station.
J. Approval of FY 2003 Contract for SMART Municipal Credit Funds.
K. Approval to accept the water main and sanitary sewer constructed to service the Novi Medical Dental Building located at 42430 Twelve Mile Road as public utilities and acceptance of all documents conveying such to the City of Novi along with all permanent easements mandatory for City acceptance.
L. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 650.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
9 Council Interviews 7:30 Council Chambers
11 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 Council Chambers
16 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 Civic Center
25 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 - City Offices closed Independence Day
7 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
8 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
30 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations