|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE Scout Troop 407 Leader: Frank Hlavaty, Scouts: Nick Abraham, Jeremy Church, Dan Church, Ian Hart, Dana Hlavaty, and Eric Miller
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
SPECIAL REPORTS - Status of water study JCK & Associates
1. Recognition of Novi High School Robotics Team
1. Public Hearing on 2003-2004 Proposed Budget
1. CITY MANAGER
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Adoption of Budget Resolution for fiscal year 2003-04.
2. Award of Professional Services Contract for Special Assessment District (SAD) 165 Connemara Hills Water Main for Design and Construction Administration to the low qualified respondent, Ayers, Lewis, Norris & May, Inc., in the amount of $24,787.93.
3. Approval of Highway Easement Conveyance to the Road Commission for Oakland County from the City of Novi for road improvements at Novi Road and Grand River Avenue (northeast corner of intersection).
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
4. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding for entry of Consent Judgment, under agreement dated June 25, 2002 (Sandstone). (Includes changes made by City Council May 5, 2003 and changes made after meeting and conferring with Sandstone May 14, 2003).
5. Approval of 2-year Professional Services Agreement with Vilican-Leman & Associates, Inc., for consulting woodland services.
6. Approval to award bid for pavement striping to R & S Contracting, the low bidder, in the amount of $283,803.40.
7. Award of Professional Services Contract for 2003 Neighborhood Road Repaving Design Services and Construction Engineering to the low qualified respondent, Ayers, Lewis, Norris & May, Inc., in the amount of $182,177.11.
8. Approval of Ordinance 03-103.9 amending Section 12-48 "Lawn Installation Following Certificate of Occupancy" to add verbiage that it shall be unlawful to change approved grade. 2nd Reading
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Approval of First Amendment to Open Space Preservation Easement Agreement for the Bristol Corners Development; Bristol Corners North, South, and West.
C. Acceptance of Wetland Preservation Easement Agreements for Bristol Corners West Subdivision 1, 2 and 3 as described and depicted on plats for all three subdivisions.
D. Approval of License Agreement with Summerlin Homeowners Association for the placement of an entryway sign.
E. Approval of Traffic Control Order 03-06 for the installation of a "Yield" sign on Park Ridge at Queens Pointe in the Meadowbrook Glens Subdivision.
F. Approval to award bid to Photo Dynamics, the low bidder based on unit pricing. (Provides photographic services for individual and team pictures for youth sports programs).
G. Approval to award bid for ConnecTables and Locust chairs for the training centers for the Police and Fire Departments to Global Office Solutions, the low bidder, in the amount of $7,344.25 for the Police Department and for the Fire Department in the amount of $11,793.45
H. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-37.29, an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Chapter 34, Section 34-16 to add the definitions of Debt Service Charge and User Connection Fee as applied in Article II in respect to the water supply system; to amend Chapter 34, to add Section 34-21.1 to provide for an uniform availability fee for service for parcels connecting to the water supply system which have not otherwise paid for water main construction of mains constructed after January 1, 1976. 2nd Reading
I. Approval of Resolution setting Uniform Connection Fee for parcels connecting to the water supply system constructed by the City of Novi, which parcels did not otherwise contribute to the cost of construction.
J. Approval of renewal of Arcade Business License for Novi Bowl & Recreation, 21700 Novi Road.
K. Approval to purchase five (5) sets of fire fighter protective clothing from Apollo Fire Equipment through a joint bid with the Tri-County Purchasing Cooperative in the amount of $5,475.
L. Approval of Special Assessment District Resolution No. 4, setting public hearing number 2 for Monday, June 2, 2003, Pioneer Meadows Subdivision Sanitary Sewer, Revised Special Assessment District 162.
M. Approval of Special Assessment District Resolution No. 4, setting public hearing number 2 for Monday, June 2, 2003, Pioneer Meadows Subdivision Water Main, Revised Special Assessment District 163.
N. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 649
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
26 City offices closed Memorial Day
28 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
2 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
3 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Council Interviews 7:30 Council Chambers
11 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 Council Chambers
16 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 Civic Center
25 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 or at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations
We kindly request that you please turn off all cellular phones and pagers while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.