|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Recognition of the Novi Youth Assistance Think Before You Drink Poster Essay Contest winners held in conjunction with the Alcohol Awareness Month: 1st Place Katie Gafney & Ashima Goyal; 2nd Place Matt Belloni; 3rd Place Gabrielle Torossian
- Gilbert VanSickle, Fire Department, 35 years of service
- Tim Loynes, Department of Public Works, 30 years of service
- Jack Lewis, Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department, 25 years of service
- Zora Singer, Water & Sewer Department, 25 years of service
1. Public Hearing #2 for SAD 165 Connemara Hills Water Main
2. Public Hearing for 2003-2004 Proposed Budget
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART I
1. Approval of Zoning Text Amendment 18.179 to amend Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Appendix A of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, to create Section 2514, Additional road design, building setback, and parking setback requirements for One-Family Clustering Option, Two-Family uses, Multiple-Family uses, and certain non-residential uses and developments, and to amend Section 2403, One-Family Clustering Option, and to amend Section 2400 Schedule of Regulations, for related purposes. 2nd Reading
2. Approval of Resolution - Support of the State of Michigan fulfilling its commitment to complete the I-96 and Beck Road Interchange Reconstruction.
3. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding for entry of Consent Judgment, under agreement dated June 25, 2002. (Sandstone)
4. Discussion of recommendation from Birchler Arroyo, traffic consultant, for prohibiting left turns from Clark Street to Grand River Avenue (No closure of Clark Street and no turn restriction from Grand River Avenue).
5. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-18.172 to amend Ordinance 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, as codified in Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance, of the Citys Code of Ordinances, Section 2509, Landscape Standards: Obscuring Earth Berms and Walls, Rights-of-Way Buffers; and Interior and Exterior Landscape Plantings in order to update and revise the entire section. 1st Reading
6. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-45.27 to amend Appendix C, Subdivision Ordinance, of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances for the purpose of conforming the ordinance to amendments made to the landscaping provisions of the Citys Zoning Ordinance relating to trees and plantings within subdivisions. 1st Reading
BREAK AT 9:30 P.M.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART II
7. Approval of Ordinance 03-103.9 amending Section 12-48 Lawn Installation Following Certificate of Occupancy to add verbiage that it shall be unlawful to change approved grade. 1st Reading.
8. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-170, an ordinance to establish a new Chapter 29.5, Telecommunications, relating to permits for telecommunications companies to use public rights-of-way pursuant to Act 48 of 2002. (Metro Act) 1st and 2nd Reading
9. Approval of Resolution regarding Implementation of the Telecommunications Ordinance.
10. Approval of Budget Amendment No. 2003-04 in the amount of $1,100.00 (Meadowbrook Commons)
11. Consideration of Novi Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission recommendation to accept donation of 16 acres of land for park purposes, located east of West Park Drive and south of South Lake Drive. (Donation is from Mark Jacobson & Associates, Inc.)
12. Authorization to prepare a 2-year Professional Services Agreement with Vilican-Leman Associates, Inc. for Woodland Consulting Services (Consultant Review Committee recommendation).
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Amendments to Woodlands Ordinance relative to farming exemptions Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve minutes of:
April 12, 2003 Special meeting
April 21, 2003 Regular meeting
B. Adoption of Resolution authorizing the 2003 Memorial Day Parade, Monday, May 26, 2003 from10:00 AM to 11:30 AM and submittal of Resolution to the Road Commission for Oakland County.
C. Award bid to Manage and Administer the FY 2003-2004 Community Development Block Grant Minor Home Repair Program to Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency, in the amount of $9,412.
D. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.15, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 37, Article II, Section 37-30(b) and (c), of the Novi Code of Ordinances to provide for the appointment of citizens to the Woodlands Review Board in place of City personnel, so that City personnel are not hearing the appeal of their own decisions made in the course of their usual duties and they are available to the Woodlands Review Board as a professional resource, and to provide for a greater scope of notification to neighboring property owners prior to a determination on a use permit application by the Woodlands Review Board. 2nd Reading
E. Approval of Ordinance Amendment No. 03-100.30 to amend Chapter 28, Signs, of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, to add requirements for temporary garage sale signs. 2nd Reading
F. Approval of Ordinance Amendment No. 03-100.31 to amend Chapter 28, Signs, of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, to implement a misdemeanor penalty. 2nd Reading
G. Approval of Ordinance Amendment No. 03-100.32 to amend Chapter 28, Signs, of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, Section 28-6(2) A.3, to change the setback regulations applicable to Twelve Mile Road to reflect the widening of the roadway. 2nd Reading
H. Approval of Zoning Text Amendment 18.175 to Section 201 of the City of Novi Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, to add to the definition of home occupation a limitation on the placement of signs visible through window areas suggesting or implying the existence of a home occupation. 2nd Reading
I. Approval of Ordinance 03-37.28; an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Chapter 34, Article II, Division 4, Subdivision XV, to establish the Beck West Corporate Park Water Main Extension and Service District and to provide for an availability fee for service. 2nd Reading.
J. Approval of Ordinance 03-28.46; an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Chapter 34, Article III, Division 3, Subdivision XXXI, to establish the Husky Sanitary Sewer Extension district and to provide for an availability fee for service. 2nd Reading.
K. Approval of Ordinance 03-28.47; an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Chapter 34, Article III, Division 3, Subdivision XXXII, to establish the Eleven Mile/Wixom and Beck Road Sanitary Service District and to provide for an availability fee. 2nd Reading
L. Approval of Resolution No. 2 for the West Lake Drive Water Main Extension SAD 168 and setting the public hearing for June 2, 2003.
M. Approval of resolution No. 2 for the West Lake Drive Paving SAD 169 and setting the public hearing for June 2, 2003.
N. Approval to award bid to Harmon Sign/Planet Neon, the low bidder, in the amount of $10,781.24. This is replacement signage for Heyn Properties, Spartan Concrete, Inc. and Wilkens Parts and Equipment, in conjunction with the Grand River Avenue Improvement Project.
O. Approval of budget amendment No. 2003-05 in the amount of $20,000 for
mosquito control. (Treatment will begin in May 2003)
P. Approval to award bid for a remanufactured (discounted) Steelcase furniture contract to Oakland Office Interior, the low qualified bidder, based on percentage discount pricing and hourly installation rate. (Only project currently pending is the new Fire Station No. 4)
Q. Approval of claims and accounts Warrant No. 648
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
6 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 City Council Budget Work Session 7:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m. Council Chambers
8 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
14 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
15 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
15 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
19 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
26 City offices closed Memorial Day
28 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
2 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
3 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Council Interviews 7:30 Council Chambers
11 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 Council Chambers
16 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 Civic Center
25 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodation.