|View Minutes for this Meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Cub Scout Pack 240 Den 7
Leader: Steve Pliska
Scouts: Daniel Burris, Joseph Burris, Jordan Gates, Justin Mustonen, Stephen Pliska
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, Landry, Lorenzo, Sanghvi
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Proclamation for Paralyzed Veterans of America Awareness Week
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approval of Resolution Number 3 Connemara Hills (Kilrush Dr) Subdivision Number 1- Water Main Extension - Special Assessment District No. 165.
2. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.14 (Tree replacement) an ordinance to amend Chapter 37 of the Novi City Code amending Section 37-8. 2nd Reading.
3. Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 1, Authorizing the preparation of preliminary plans and preliminary estimates of the construction costs; Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 2, setting Public Hearing Number 1 for Monday April 21, 2003; Revised Pioneer Meadows Subdivision SAD 162 Sanitary Sewer.
4. Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 1, Authorizing the preparation of preliminary plans and preliminary estimates of the construction costs; Consideration of Revised SAD Resolution Number 2, setting Public Hearing Number 1 for Monday April 21, 2003; Revised Pioneer Meadows Subdivision SAD 163 Water Main.
5. Consideration of the request of Berger/Lewiston and Associates for Final Preliminary Plat approval for Orchard Hills West Subdivision.
6. Consideration of Agreement to implement Council action to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement, Site Plan Number 99-58, for a Second Amendment to the original Agreement to add a 5-acre parcel and revise the street layout for Phases 4 and 5 of the original RUD.
7. Consideration of request from Toll Brothers to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement, Site Plan Number 02-48. The applicant is proposing to amend the Phasing Plan from the previously approved RUD.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
8. Approval to award the contract for construction of the South Lake Court Storm Sewer Project to the low bidder, Sunset Excavating, Inc., in the amount of $74,795.00. (This includes acceptance of the Federal Emergency Management Agency Grant, which covers 75% of this construction cost, or $56,096.25. The citys 25% match is $18,698.75).
9. Consideration of Zoning Text Amendment 18.179 to amend Ordinance No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Appendix A of the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, to create Section 2514, "Additional road design, building setback, and parking setback requirements for One-Family Clustering Option, Two-Family uses, Multiple-Family uses, and certain non-residential uses and developments," and to amend Section 2403, "One-Family Clustering Option," and to amend Section 2400 Schedule of Regulations, for related purposes. 1st Reading
10. Discussion of Growth Management Plan.
11. Approval of Ordinance No. 03-125.15, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 37, Article II, Section 37-30(b) and (c), of the Novi Code of Ordinances to provide for the appointment of citizens to the Woodlands Review Board in place of City personnel, and so that City personnel are not hearing the appeal of their own decisions made in the course of their usual duties and they are available to the Woodlands Review Board as a professional resource, and to provide for a greater scope of notification to neighboring property owners prior to a determination on a use permit application by the Woodlands Review Board. 1st Reading
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Schedule joint meeting of City Council and Planning Commission Member Landry.
2. Westmont Village Subdivision Pavement and Storm Water Issues Resolution Plan Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
3. Walden Woods I Drainage/Wetlands issues Mayor Pro Tem Bononi.
4. Correspondence received from Meadowbrook Congregational Church Mayor Clark
5. Consideration of Ad Hoc Walled Lake/Novi Lake Committee Mayor Clark
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule an Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of April 7, 2003 in the Council Annex, for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Approval to award bid for one (1) senior van to Tesco Transportation Sales Corporation, the low bidder, in the amount of $33,960.
D. Approval to award bid for Lakeshore Park Roof Replacement to JMK Roofing, the low bidder, in the amount of $6,450.
E. Approval to award bid for one (1) mower to Marks Small Engine, the low bidder, in the amount of $7,775.
F. Approval to award quotation for one (1) Guardian 72" recycler mowing deck for a Toro Groundmaster Mower to Spartan Distributors, the low quotation, in the amount of $4,416.23.
G. Approval to purchase a Gear Grid Wall Mount System for Fire Station #4 from Mid-Minnesota Wire, a sole source vendor, in the amount of $5,174.73.
H. Approval to award Spring 2003 Street Tree Planting bid to Will Gould Landscape, the low bidder, in the approximate amount of $72,000.
I. Approval to award the construction of the masonry screen walls to enclose an air conditioning unit at the police building to Sardo Construction, the low quotation, in the amount of $3,500.
J. Approval of proposal in the amount of $3,500 from MARSH, USA, Inc. to prepare a Request for Proposal document, and review proposals for self-funding the City of Novi health care insurance program.
K. Approval for reservation and use of a tour bus for two (2) senior trips to Carrs Motorcoach Tours, the low quotation, in the amount of $4,200.
L. Approval of resolution supporting and approving Road Commission for Oakland County to re-time traffic signals with Federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality funds. (100% Grant).
M. Approval to reject the contract award of the South Lake Court Storm Sewer Project to Kneisel Construction. (This bid has been replaced by the bid to Sunset Excavating, Inc., which is item #8 on Matters for Council Action).
N. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 646.
1. Letter from Linda Boran Re: Woodland Tree Replacement Ordinance amendment.
2. Letter from Michael Czarniecki Re: Proposal to expand SAD 165
3. Letter from Judith McNeal Re: SAD 165 Connemara Hills Subdivision water.
4. Letter from Linda Mulder Re: SAD 165 Connemara Hills Subdivision water.
5. Letter from Linda Tomasso Re: SAD 165 Connemara Hills Subdivision water.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
9 Planning Commission Special Meeting 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 City Council Budget Work Session 9:00 a.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
18 CITY OFFICES CLOSED GOOD FRIDAY
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
26 City Council Budget Work Session 9:00 a.m. Council Chambers
30 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
5 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
6 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 City Council Budget Work Session 7:30 Council Chambers
8 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
14 Planning commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
15 Ordinance Review 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
15 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
19 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
26 City offices closed Memorial Day
28 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations