|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Resignation and farewell message (5 minutes) Member DeRoche
Police Recognition award to Louis Golematis and Lindsey Latka from Lazy Lizard
1. Update on Sandstone Remediation
2. Update on Haverhill wetland issues
3. Update on Fire Station #4 and Training Center
4. Update on bids to replace Grand River Avenue Bridge over CSX tracks
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of options for hiring three (3) additional Police Officers.
2. Approval of Recreation Facilities Agreement between Novi Community School District and the City of Novi for 14.72 acres of land.
3. Consideration of request from Toll Brothers to amend the Island Lake Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement Site Plan Number 99-58. The proposed changes include:
a. An additional 5-acre parcel along Wixom Road to be incorporated into Phase 3 of the overall development;
b. A modification to permit single-family attached cluster homes in Phase 4B in the southeast corner of the overall development.
c. Revisions to the street layout in Phases 4 & 5 including relocating stub street connections to the east and west of the Ten Mile Road entrance.
The subject properties are located in Sections 18, 19 and 20, north of Ten Mile Road, between Napier and Wixom Roads. The subject property is approximately 907 acres.
4. Consideration of Zoning Text Amendment No. 18.171, request from Singh IV Limited Partnership to amend Ordinance No. 97.18 as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, Article XXIV, "Schedule Of Regulations", Section 2406.6, PD-2 Planned Development Option, in order to provide for mixed-use development subject to certain conditions. Second Reading
5. Consideration of Zoning Map Amendment 18.605, request from Singh IV Limited Partnership to rezone property, approximately 38.62 acres, located in Section 14 south of Twelve Mile Road and west of Meadowbrook Road from OST (Office Service Technology) to RM-2 (High-Density, Mid-Rise Multiple Family) or any other appropriate zoning.
6. Consideration of Tuscany Reserve, request from Bob Porteous of the Novi Investment Company for approval of the Residential Unit Development (RUD) Agreement. The subject property is located on 77 acres on the north side of Eight Mile Road, and east of Garfield Road in the RA (Residential Acreage) District.
7. Approval of Resolution to authorize the Second Quarter Budget Amendment 2003-2.
8. Approval of Balancing Change Order No. 3 in the amount of $154,038.12 and Final Pay Estimate, with Cadillac Asphalt Paving Company for the 2001 Neighborhood Paving Program.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
9. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
10. Approval of Professional Services Agreement with Nordstrom Samson Associates for Faηade Architectural Services.
11. Approval of Professional Services Agreement with Tilton & Associates for Environmental Wetland Services.
12. Approval to purchase six (6) Crown Victoria Patrol Cars through the Oakland County Purchasing Program from Jorgensen Ford, the low bidder, in the amount of $118,632 with installation of $24,168.
13. Consideration of Resolution regarding Necessity and Declaration of Taking for Americana Foundation Property, 12 Mile GAP Project, Parcel No. 22-11-400-005. Compensation being offered in the amount of $55,300.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
!. Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of December 16, 2002 in the Council annex for the purpose of discussing pending litigation with City Attorney and for the purpose of discussing written material exempt from disclosure under State Law.
C. Approval of Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) Storm Drainage Maintenance Agreement based upon the current obligation of the City in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
D. Approval of Balancing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $231.00 and Final Pay
Estimate, with Warren Contractors, Inc. for the Ten Mile Road Pedestrian Path.
E. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 639
1. Letter from Lori Larsen Re: Community Cab
2. Letter from Lillian Larsen Re: Community Cab
3. Letter from Dorothy Steinberger Re: Community Cab
4. Letter from Adelaida Santos Re: Community Cab
5. Letter from Paul DiGiusto Re: recommendation for City Council
6. Letter from Yvonne and Steve Miles Re: Community Cab
7. Letter from Fannie McCoy Re: Community Cab
8. Letter from Patrick Brennan, Sixth Circuit Court, Re: Appointment of Toni Nagy to the Novi City Council.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
18 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 City Council Interview meeting for Council vacancy 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Novi Civic Center
24 City Offices Closed
25 City Offices Closed
31 City Offices Closed
1 City Offices Closed
6 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
9 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
13 Mayors State of the City Address 7:00 p.m. Novi Civic Center
13 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
15 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
16 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
16 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Novi Civic Center
20 City Offices Closed
21 Storm Water Mgmt & Watershed Stewardship-7:00 pm-Novi Civic Center
27 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
29 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations