|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE
CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE Cub Scout Pack #50-Mustang Patrol
Leader: Cindy Buckley
Members: Rahul Ahluwalia, Patrick Buckley, Brett Giampa,
Chad Irvine, Chris Muncie,Tom Pawlicki
Zach Reilly, Christopher Vera-Burgos
ROLL CALL Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Exxon Mobil Corp. Presentation on behalf of Mr. Eldridge (property owner)
as a proposal to settle pending litigation regarding condemnation for Special
Assessment District 155. Interest in building a gas station/convenience store
at the northeast corner of 12 Mile and Novi Road.
Community Development Block Grant Funds for the 2003 Program Year
1. Update regarding construction material previously dumped in conservation easement east of Wixom Road and south of Twelve Mile Road (property owned by Landon Companies)
2. Westmont Village Subdivision Pavement
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Consideration of Special Assessment District Resolution Number 4, setting public hearing number 2 for Monday, November 12, 2002; Sierra Drive (Pioneer Meadows Subdivision) Sanitary Sewer Special Assessment District Number 162.
2. Consideration of Special Assessment District Resolution Number 4, setting public hearing number 2 for Monday, November 12, 2002; Sierra Drive (Pioneer Meadows Subdivision) Water Main Special Assessment District Number 163.
3. Consideration of options for hiring three (3) additional Police Officers.
4. Approval of Consent Judgment in the additional amount of $136,185.20 for Norman Steel property (Fire Station No. 4).
5. Approval to award the low-split bid for the 2002 Fall Street Tree Planting contract to Panoramic Landscaping Inc. and to Michigan Turf Inc. in the amount of $145,403.
6. Consideration of request from Brightmoor Christian Church for reimbursement of $147,552 attributable to the cost of the water main facilities serving property outside of the Brightmoor Christian Church property in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 5 of the Water Main Payback Agreement with Brightmoor Tabernacle Church.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Acceptance of Right of Way, Temporary Construction Easement, and Utility Easement from Husky Injection Molding, Inc., for Twelve Mile Road Improvements for a total of $100,000 (SAD 155 and Sandstone Sewer Extension).
8. Approval of the CSX Pipeline Agreement, Section 10 Sanitary Sewer Improvements between the City of Novi and CSX Transportation, Inc. for a total of $2,275 (Sandstone Sewer Extension).
9. Approval of a right-of-way acquisition and grading permit from Daniel and Susan Barnes for a total of $9,500 Grand River: Beck Road to CSX Bridge.
10. Approval of Change Order No. 1 to the Section 1 & 12 Sanitary Sewer Extension contract with Lawrence M. Clarke, Inc. in the amount of $302,465.00.
11. Approval of Change Order No. 2 to the 2002 Neighborhood Repaving Program contract with Thompson-McCully Company in the amount of $235,871 for Ten Mile and Beck Road intersection improvements.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Annual salary increase for City Clerk and City Manager. Member Csordas
2. Council policy on elected and appointed officials use of staff and vendor time and resources. Schedule future date for full discussion. Member DeRoche
CONSENT AGENDA (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Enter Executive Session in the Council Annex, for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Approval to award bid to Will Gould Landscaping for snow removal of drives, sidewalks and salting of same at Meadowbrook Commons, the low bidder (cost will depend on snow fall).
D. Approval of request from A.K.E.G., Inc. to transfer ownership of 1998 12 months Resort Class C SDM licensed business issued under MCL 436.1531(2) with Dance Permit, located in escrow at 3171 Round Lake, Manitou Beach, MI 49253, Rollin Township, Lenawee County from Sassys of Manitou, Inc.; transfer location (governmental unit) to 40380 Grand River (formerly Billys-on-the River), Novi, MI 48375, Oakland County; and request a new entertainment permit.
E. Approval of Ordinance 02-23.21 amending Section 22-46 to provide a specific penalty for domestic violence assault and battery 2nd Reading.
F. Approval of Ordinance 02-23.22 amending Section 22-50 to allow police officers to arrest an individual in a dating relationship for domestic assault and battery 2nd Reading.
G. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No 634.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
22 Storm Water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee-7:00pm - Council Chambers
30 Joint City Council/Planning Commission 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
5 Election Day
6 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Veterans Day City Offices Closed
12 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
21 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
25 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
28 Thanksgiving Day City Offices Closed
29 - City Offices Closed
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations