|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Veteran’s Celebration Committees Recognition
2. Novi High School Expansion Plans (Dr. Emmett Lippe & James Koster)
3. Employee Health Insurance Agent Paul Kahler; Re: Retention Cost
Local Law Enforcement Block Grant 2002 Proposed Use of Funds
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – PART I
1. Approval of Traffic Control Order No. 02-13 (Ashbury and Riverbridge) and Traffic Control Order No. 02-14 (Ashbury and Windmill) authorizing installation of stop signs in these locations within the Riverbridge Subdivision.
2. Consideration of Resolution No. 7 for Special Assessment District No. 159 – Lake Wall, John Hawthorn’s Subdivision 1 & 2, and Supervisor’s Plat Number 2 – Water Main Improvements.
3. Consideration of Resolution No. 7 for Special Assessment District No. 160 – Lake Wall, John Hawthorn’s Subdivision 1 & 2, and Supervisor’s Plat Number 2 – Road Paving.
4. Referral and recommendation to Planning Commission for an amendment to the Master Plan for Land Use from public to parkland for property located at the junction of Thirteen Mile Road, East Lake Drive, South Lake Drive and Old Novi Road.
5. Referral and recommendation to Planning Commission for an amendment to the Master Plan for Land Use from public to parkland for property located at the junction of West Road, east of West Park Drive.
6. Consideration of request from Bob Porteous of the Novi Investment Company regarding the Tuscany Reserve Residential Unit Development (RUD) Plan, (Site Plan No. 02-30). The subject property is located on 77 acres on the north side of Eight Mile Road, and east of Garfield Road in the RA (Residential Acreage) District.
BREAK AT 9:30 P.M.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – PART II
7. Approval of Resolution to authorize the First Quarter Budget Amendment
8. Approval to purchase a Genesis Hydraulic Rescue Tool System from Howell Rescue Systems, a sole source vendor, in the amount of $20,775.
9. Review of progress in achieving City Council Short-Term and Long -Term Goals.
10. Consideration of right-of-way acquisition, for Grand River Avenue: Beck to CSX Bridge Project, from Diversified Development Company, a Michigan Co-Partnership, in the amount of $8,100.00 and a grading permit, in the amount of $460.00.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Gateway Ordinance – Set date for review and decision – Mayor Clark
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
A. Approval Minutes of:
1. September 9, 2002, Special City Council meeting – 6:00 p.m.
2. September 9, 2002, Special City Council meeting – 7:15 p.m.
3. September 9, 2002, Regular City Council meeting
B. Approval of Ordinance No. 02-37.27, an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Division 4, Subdivision XIV to establish the Brightmoor Water Main Extension and Service District and to provide for User Connection Fees for service for the reimbursement of construction costs. 2nd Reading and Adoption
C. Approval to seek bids for the Fall 2002 Street Tree Planting.
D. Approval of Final Payment for the Old Novi Road Non-Motorized Pathway to Peter A. Basile Sons, Inc., in the amount of $3,000.00.
E. Approval of Resolution for the Novi High School Homecoming Parade on October 19, 2002.
F. Approval of Traffic Control Order 02-12 for the permanent installation of four-way stop signs at the intersection of Eleven Mile and Taft Road.
G. Approval of claims and accounts on Warrant No. 632.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS – All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
24 – Storm water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee-7:00 pm-Council Chambers
25 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
1 – Zoning Board of Appeals – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
2 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
7 – City Council – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
10 – Parks, Recreation & Forestry – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
14 – Library Board – 7:00 p.m. – Library
16 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
17 – Ordinance Review Committee – 6:00 p.m. – Council Chambers
21 – City Council – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
30 – Joint Council/Planning Commission – 7:00 p.m. – Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations