|View Agenda for this meeting
EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:00 P.M.**********
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Proclamation dedicating September 11, 2002 as ALWAYS REMEMBER 9-11 DAY
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART I
1. Consideration of request from Riverbridge Homeowner Association for a traffic study to analyze requested Stop Signs.
2. Approval of contract renewal (4 year) with Suburban Hockey for Management of the Novi Ice Arena.
3. Consideration of request from Joe Rokicsak for approval of the Asbury Park Estates Conceptual Development Plan. The subject property is located on the north side of Eleven Mile Road between Taft and Beck Roads.
4. Consideration of request from Toll MI Limited Partnership for acceptance of the Island Lake conservation easement for the areas north of the lake.
5. Approval of Consent Agreement with Debra Bundoff for Installation of sewer
and water leads and release of an unneeded easement (SAD 155) - $77,500.
6. Consideration of Water Main Payback Agreement for Brightmoor Tabernacle Church.
7. Consideration of Ordinance No. 02-37.27, an Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Division 4, Subdivision XIV to establish the Brightmoor Water Main Extension and Service District and to provide for User Connection Fees for service for the reimbursement of construction costs. 1st Reading
BREAK AT 9:30 P.M.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION PART II
8. Consideration of request from Paul Glantz for an Arcade License with 18 machines to be located at Emagine Novi, 44425 W. 12 Mile Road.
9. Consideration of request from UNIT 48, INC. to transfer ownership of 1999 Class C licensed business located in escrow at 29285 Southfield, Southfield, MI 48076, Oakland County, from TUO GIP ONE, L.L.C.; transfer location (governmental unit) (MCL 436.15371(1) to 44325 Twelve Mile, Novi, MI 48377, Oakland County; and request a new dance-entertainment permit. (Margarita Mamas/Bourbon Alley.
10. Consideration of request from UNIT 48, INC. for an Arcade License with 124 machines to be located at Margarita Mamas , 44325 Twelve Mile Road.
11. Approval to participate in the Traffic Improvement Grant 2002-2003, Drive Michigan Safely Task Force.
12. Approval to hold a public hearing on September 23, 2002 for the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG) 2002 Proposed Use of Funds.
13. Approval and acceptance of easement for Nine Mile Road Bike Path and
temporary construction easement and drainage easement (Nine Mile project), for consideration of $4,660 to Frank W. Kerr Company.
14. Approval of Dixon Road License Agreement making provision for use and maintenance of the newly created right-of-way on Dixon Road, created in connection with the Sandstone settlement.
15. Approval of dedication and acceptance of right-of-way on Dixon Road, contemplated as part of the Sandstone settlement.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approval of Minutes of August 26, 2002, Special City Council meeting
B. Approval of Minutes of August 26, 2002, Regular City Council meeting.
C. Approval to purchase a Weapons Training System for the Police Department from Firearms Training System, a sole source vendor, in the amount of $85,694.50.
D. Approval to award quotation for Elevator Maintenance Contract for Meadowbrook Commons to City Elevator, the low quotation, in the amount of $275 per month.
E. Schedule Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of September 9, 2002 in the Council Annex for the purpose of discussing acquisition of real estate interest.
F. Approval of claims and accounts on Warrant No. 631.
1. Letter from Dennis Colligan resigning from Parks and Recreation Commission.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
10 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
11 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Civic Center
23 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
24 Storm Water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee-7:00 pm-Council Chambers
25 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
1 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
2 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
7 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Parks, Recreation & Forestry 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
14 Library Board 7:00 p.m. Library
16 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
21 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
22 Storm Water Mgmt. & Watershed Stewardship Committee-7:00 pm-Council Chambers
30 Joint Council/Planning Commission 7:00 p.m. Council Chambers