|View Minutes for this meeting
OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Music & Motor Fest 2002
2. 2002 as the Year of the Rose
1. Special Assessment District No. 164 – Birchwoods Subdivision and Delmont Drive Water Main Extension
1. CITY MANAGER
2 DEPARTMENT REPORTS -Update regarding low water pressure
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
1. Adoption of Resolution authorizing 2002 General Obligation Limited Tax Bonds
2. Adoption of Resolution regarding Interim Interpretation of Storm Water
Management Ordinance. (tabled from 7-1-02 meeting)
3. Acceptance of utilities and streets within the Beck North Corporate Park site
condominium complex and adoption of Act 51 New Street Acceptance
Resolution adding Peary Court, Ryan Court, Desoto Court, and Hudson Drive.
4. Approval of Zoning Map Amendment 18.622, request of Trillium Village to rezone
property located in Section 25 north of Nine Mile Road and west of Haggerty Road from
R-3 (One Family Residential District) to RM-1 (Low-Density Multiple Family District) or
any other appropriate zoning. The subject property is 4.73 acres.
5. Request of Maybury Park Estates L.L.C. for a design and construction standard waiver
for a secondary access on Phase 1 of Maybury Park Estates Condominiums, located
in Section 32, on the north side of Eight Mile Road between Beck and Garfield Roads.
6. Consideration of request from Carrabba’s/Metro, Ltd Partnership for approval of a City quota Class C liquor license with Sunday Sale Permit to be located at 43455 West Oaks Drive.
7. Approval of right-of-way acquisitions and grading easements for road and utility improvements – Grand River: Beck Road to CSX Bridge
8. Approval and acceptance of the proposed easements from the Thielenhaus
Microfinish Corporation for the construction of the Nine Mile Road Bike Path, in
the amount of a $1.00 Donation.
9. Approval and acceptance of easement for Nine Mile Road Bike Path and
temporary construction easement (Nine Mile project), for consideration of $4,800, Graham Clements Management, LLC, a Michigan Limited Liability Company.
10. Approval of the contract agreement between the City of Novi and CSX
Transportation, Inc. for the installation of concrete crossing surface for Nine Mile Road Bike Path, in the amount of $6,646.26.
11. Approval and acceptance of the proposed easements from ALAS, LLC, for the construction of the Nine Mile Road Bike Path, in the amount of $14,360.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
12. Award proposal for playstructure in the amount of $54,901.50, to Michigan Playgrounds.
13. Award bid for twenty (20) police cruiser laptop computers to Capstone Consulting through the State of Michigan Joint Purchasing Program, in the amount of $128,196.98 with installation from Reighard Enterprises in the amount of $6,299.
14. Award bid to manage and administer the 2002-2003 Community Development Block
Grant Minor Home Repair Program to Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency, the
low bidder, in the amount of $8,231.00
15. Adoption of Resolution No. 6 SAD 159 Lake Wall, John Hawthorn’s Sub 1 & 2 and
Supervisor’s Plat No. 2 – water main, setting a public hearing for August 12, 2002.
16. Adoption of Resolution No. 6 SAD 160 Lake Wall, John Hawthorn’s Sub 1 & 2 and Supervisor’s Plat No. 2 – road paving, setting a public hearing for August 12, 2002.
17. Adoption of Resolution in Opposition to the proposal under Chapter 20 of the Drain Code for the establishment of five drainage districts county-wide.
18. Approval of First Reading of utility ordinances and approval of agreements (including paybacks) for Island Lake of Novi:
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Election signs (size) – Member Csordas
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
A. Approve Minutes of July 1, 2002
B. Acceptance of Drainage Easements and two Temporary Construction Easements from Novi Group No. 2, L.L.C. for the South Lake Court Drainage Improvements and West Park Drive Water Main Extension projects: Parcel No. 50-22-03-154-003.
C. Approval of Agreement with Jeffrey Jenkins and Kimberly Jenkins for construction of a temporary private sanitary sewer line to serve his future residence at 22875 Vasilios Court.
D. Approval of Outdoor Gathering Permit for Ribcracker’s Model Airplane Club to hold a model radio controlled aircraft show on vacant property west of Wixom Road and north of Ten Mile Road on July 27 & 28, 2002.
E. Award bid for the Assessment and Transition Plan for the Americans with Disabilities Act, in the amount of $9,234.50, to Access Recreation Group.
F. Approval of Road Commission for Oakland County Winter Maintenance Agreement 2002-2003.
G. Adoption of Resolution No. 1 for Connemara Hills (Kilrush Drive) Subdivision No. 1 Water Main Extension – Special Assessment District No. 165.
H. Adoption of Resolution No. 3 for Birchwoods Subdivision and Delmont Drive Water Main Extension - Special Assessment District No. 164.
I. Approve request for Traffic Study to analyze the request from Chase Farms Homeowners Association for Stop Signs.
J. Approval of Authorizing Resolution for the Music & Motor Festival Car Cruise on July 28, 2002.
K. Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No 627.
1. Letter from Debbie & John Carbotts, Re:Birchwoods Subdivision depressions forming in yards.
2. Letter from William Roskelly, Re: Storm Water Management Ordinance No. 168.
3. Letter from Joseph Atto, Re: Downtown Gateway Ordinance.
4. Letter from Marvin Daitch, Re: Application of new detention criteria to Scenic Pines Estates.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
18 – Ordinance Review Committee – 6:00 p.m. – Civic Center
18 – Historical Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Civic Center
23 – Stormwater Mgmt. and Watershed Stewardship Committee – 7:00 p.m. – Civic Center
24 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
6 – Primary Election
7 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
8 – Parks, Recreation and Forestry – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
12 – Library Board – 7:00 p.m. – Novi Public Library
12 – City Council – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
13 – Zoning Board of Appeals – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
15 – Ordinance Review Committee – 6:00 p.m. – Council Chambers
15 – Historical Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Civic Center
16 – Board of Review – 9:00 a.m. – Council Chambers
20 – Stormwater Mgmt & Watershed Stewardship Committee – 7:00 p.m. – Civic Center
21 – Planning Commission – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
26 – City Council – 7:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations