|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: 2nd Grade Cub Scouts Den 7 Village Oaks Pack 239
Co-Leaders: Amy Abboud and Kim Gardner
Members: Nicholas Abboud, Eric Gardner, Jeremy Robson, Andrew Thorwall, Ryan Barrett, Robert Vuljaj
ROLL CALL: Mayor Clark, Mayor Pro Tem Bononi, Council Members Capello, Csordas, DeRoche, Landry, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
1. Recognition of the Novi Youth Assistance "Think Before You Drink" Poster Essay Contest winners held in conjunction with the Alcohol Awareness Month: Sarah Porter, Alan Thorwall, Allie Karaisz, Sarah Pylar
2. Presentation of Government Finance Officers "Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting: Award to the City of Novi Marina Neumaier.
3. Recognition of Arbor Day:
Girl Scout Troop #'s: 667 Novi Woods Elementary School
3847, 2236, 3091,2321, 739, Susan Beaton, Sue Flanagan,
2316, 658, 3078, 2308, 966, 2242, Barbara Greenberg,
249, 3075, 3073, 2307, 1921, 2242, 3857 Sarah Greenberg, Lynne Paul
Boy Scout Pack #'s: 746, 239, 240 Tim Printz, Jan Van Dusen
Master Gardeners Alan Wall
Novi Librarys Youth Program Staff
Sponsors & Vendors______
Anglin Supplies National Tree Trust
Architectural Doors & Millwork National Arbor Day Foundation
Glenda's Garden Center Oakland Co. Conservation Dist.
Masters Green Oakland County Parks
McDonald's Pet Supplies Plus
McNish Sporting Goods Spring Valley Water
MDNR Whole Foods
PUBLIC HEARINGS: 2002-03 Proposed Budget
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Approve/Deny request from CH Novi, LLC d/b/a Emagine: The Magic of Movies for a City Quota Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales and Permit for difference in hours of operation to be located at 44425 Twelve Mile Road (Fountain Walk).
2. Approve/Deny request from Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar for an Arcade License to be located at 44375 Twelve Mile Road (Fountain Walk).
3. Approval of request from Erickson Novi Campus for a waiver from Design and Construction Standard to allow for a 24-inch curb, and from Fire Prevention and Protection Standard to permit construction of an entry gate. The 102 acre senior retirement campus is located in Section 1, north of Thirteen Mile Road, west of M-5
4. Approval of Preliminary Site Plan for Carrabbas Restaurant SP 02-06, located in Section 15 at West Oaks Drive and Novi Road in the West Oaks Shopping Center in the RC (Regional Center) District.
5. Approval of Ordinance No. 02-119.10 An Ordinance to amend the City of Novi Code of Ordinances, as amended, Chapter 12, Section 12-201, Fertilizer Application Ordinance 2nd Reading & Adoption.
6. Approve Storm Water Management Ordinance - An ordinance to prevent water quality degradation, flooding, and drainage problems resulting from storm water runoff; reduce soil erosion during and after site development; identify requirements for storm water management; provide for long-term maintenance of storm water systems; identify requirements and prohibitions relative to discharge to and use of storm water systems; and to protect the health, safety and general welfare of the City of Novi residents 2nd Reading & Adoption.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Approval to solicit formal sealed bids from qualified service providers to administer Minor
Home Repair Construction Projects.
8. Approval of proposed water and sewer rates resolution for 2002-2003.
9 Adoption of proposed budget resolution for fiscal year 2002-03.
10.Approval of right-of-way acquisitions and grading easements for road and utility
Improvements - Grand River: Beck Road to CSX Bridge.
CEW Novi-Tipke, LLC Mansfield
Harry and Mary Watson Novi Ace LLC
L. V. Pheil Barnes
P. O. P. Associates
Russell G and Carol J. Gardner
Guardian Equipment Co.
Lacerne Dixon, Inc.
Lacerne Dixon Revocable Living Trust
Albert J. Dompierre
Bell Realty Co.
Woodland Parkside Properties
46153 Grand River Investors, LLC
Novi Intermediary, LLC
Mary Catherine Johnson
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
1. Status of Special Assessment Districts #159 & #160 Member Csordas
2. West Lake Drive issues Member Lorenzo
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
A. Approve Minutes of:
B. Schedule Executive Session immediately following the regular meeting of May 20, 2002 in the Council Annex for the purpose of discussing pending litigation.
C. Award bid for Kawasaki Mule to Industrial Vehicle Sales, the low bidder, in the amount of $6,495.
D. Award proposal for Graffiti removal to Standard Industrial Painting, the low proposal, in the amount of $10,990.
E. Award bid for Wide Format Copier extended by Gwyer Reprographics through Oakland County Purchasing Agreement, in the amount of $ 34,995.
F. Approval to submit 2002 Application for SMART Municipal Credit Fund.
G. Approval of Traffic Control Orders 02-10 and 02-11 for installation of traffic control signage in the Royal Crown Subdivision.
H. Approval of Conservation Easement for Weston Court Estates SP 01-28
I. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No.622
1. E-mail from Frank Brennan Re: ZBA members.
2. Letter from David Ingmire Re: New complaints to City Personnel, response to Novi Newsletter.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
21 Stormwater Management and Watershed Stewardship Committee, 7:00 p.m. Civic
27 Memorial Day - City Offices Closed
3 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
5 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
10 Library Board Meeting 7:00 p.m. Library
13 Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 Stormwater Management & Watershed Stewardship Committee 7:00 p.m.-Civic
19 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
20 Historical Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.