|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, JUNE 4, 2001 AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL:Mayor Clark, Council Members Bononi, Cassis, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: (additional communications or petitions)
1. Presentation of medals earned from military service in the U. S Army during WWII -
Richard N. Arvo.
2. MAGNA/Novi Robotics #503 Team F.A.T.E.
1. Vacation of a portion of Maudlin Street
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS-Beckenham Estates Drainage
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Request from Meadowbrook Congregational Church for approval of a variance from the Design & Construction Standards, to enclose storm water system and a waiver of concrete curb and gutter.
2. Appointment to Economic Development Corporation
3. Request for approval from Erickson Retirement Communities of a development agreement for rezoning property in Section 1, north of Thirteen Mile and northeast of Meadowbrook from RA to RM-1, preliminary site plan with a PD-1 option and wetland permit.
4. Request for approval of Zoning Map Amendment No. 18.610, from Joe Rokicsak to rezone 46.3 acres in Section 16, located on the north side of Eleven Mile Road and east of Beck Road, from RA to R-1 or any other appropriate zoning district.
5. Approval of Amended Offer to Purchase Real Estate for Standard Federal Bank, in the amount of $39,690.00: Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements (Special Assessment District #155)
6. Approval of Option Agreement for property associated with the Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project (Special Assessment District #155); Archie A. Van Elslander (Art Van), Trustee of the Archie A. Van Elslander Trust, in the amount of $65,558.00.
7. Acceptance of drainage easement being granted by Husky Injection Molding as a gift for the Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project (Special Assessment District #155)
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
8. Approve Change Orders #1 - #8, Police Building Addition Project Control Systems, Inc., in the amount of $144,753.
9. Award of 2001 Neighborhood Roadway and Major Street Rehabilitation Program to the respective low bidders: Cadillac Asphalt Paving (Village Oaks, Taft Road Bike Path and Miscellaneous Pavement Repairs) $702,713.60 and Angelo Iafrate Construction Company (Village Wood & Cranbrooke Shoulder Improvements and Beck Road) $138,317.10.
10. Authorization to solicit for design, right-of-way assistance, and construction engineering/contract administration services for the Old Novi Road Non-Motorized Pathway Project.
11. Approval of Road Commission for Oakland County Grading Permits for City-owned property (50-22-15-476-053 and 024) for the Grand River Avenue Bridge Project.
12. Adoption of Resolution correcting the legal description and vacating a portion of Maudlin
13. Approval of Agreement between the Charter Township of Commerce, the City of Novi and Fourteen Mile Haggerty Associates, L.L.C. for the supply of water service.
14. Approval of Sewer Agreement between the Charter Township of Commerce, the City of Novi, Fourteen Mile and Haggerty Associates, L.L.C. and the Oakland County Drain Commissioner.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
1. May 21, 2001 Regular meeting
F. Approval of Claims and Accounts Warrant No. 598.
1. Letter from Brent Canup Re: Staff consultants.
2. Letter from Karen Piccinini Re: Staffing support and consultants.
3. Letter from Lilly Frydrych-Constas Re: After school Tutoring Program.
4. Letter from Edward and Delores Vedro Re: Zoning Map Amendment 18.610
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
5 Zoning Board of Appeals 7:30 pm Council Chambers
6 Planning Commission 7:30 pm Council Chambers
11 Council Interviews 7:30 pm Council Chambers
11 Library Board 7:00 pm Novi Public Library
12 Beautification Commission 7:15 pm Civic Center
14 Parks and Recreation Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
18 City Council - 7:30 pm Council Chambers
20 Planning Commission 7:30 pm Council Chambers
21 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 pm Council Chambers
21 - Historical Commission 7:00 pm Civic Center
2 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
4 Independence Day Civic Center CLOSED
9 library Board 7:00 p.m. Novi Public Library
10 Beautification Commission 7:15 p.m. Civic Center
11 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
12 Parks and Recreation Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
16 City Council 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
17 Board of Review 9:00 a.m. Civic Center
18 Planning Commission 7:30 p.m. Council Chambers
19 Ordinance Review Committee 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers