|View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2001 AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Jr. Girl Scout Troop #3074 Leader: Kim Lau
ROLL CALL:Mayor Clark, Council Members Bononi, Cassis, Csordas, DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: (additional communications or petitions)
1. Proclamation Novi Lions White Cane Week
2. Presentation of Appreciation Plaque to Mark Diederich for volunteer service on the
Economic Development Corporation
3. Proclamation in recognition of Arbor Day
1. Vacation of road right-of-way Walled Lake-Novi Wastewater Treatment Plant
1. CITY MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part I
1. Request from Main Market, LLC for an approval of a Quit Claim Deed from the City of Novi to allow the construction of a new faηade, doorwalls and exit door for the Mesquite Creek Restaurant.
2. Approval of Title V Grant Renewal application (Community that Cares Coalition).
3. Reschedule joint meeting with City Council and Parks and Recreation Commission.
4. Schedule joint meeting with City Council and Library Board.
5. Reconsideration of April 2, 2001 motion to expend $1.475 million additional city funds for Grand River Avenue Bridge replacement project (to be combined with $1.475 million of Road Commission for Oakland County funding).
6. Adoption of Act 51 New Street Resolution confirming acceptance of streets in Bristol Corners West Subdivision No. 2.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION Part II
7. Adoption of Resolution vacating City of Novi road right-of-way at the Walled Lake-Novi Waste Water Treatment Plant along the north and east property lines.
8. Approval of Amendatory Agreement No. 1, Twelve Mile Road Reconstruction "Gap", with Finkbeiner, Pettis & Strout, Inc., in the amount of $297,960.61 (City Share of $74,490.15); 1995 MDOT Contract No. ND 95-1499.
9. Acceptance of Option Agreement with Anne Marie Bitonti, Parcel No. 50-22-10-400-013, authorization to exercise the Option Agreement ($57,349) and close on the property in accordance with the terms of the Agreement for Option price, and pay usual closing costs Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project - Special Assessment District #155.
10. Adoption of Resolution and authorization to make an offer to purchase Real Estate and approval of Declaration of Taking for the William Eldridge, Michigan Cemetery Management Inc., and Siena Group LLC property: for the Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project Special Assessment District #155: Parcel No. 50-22-11-300-006; $205,633.00
11. Acceptance of Quit Claim Deed, Temporary Roadway Construction Easement and Grading Permit for the Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements Project; Parcel No. 50-22-15-200-060 Special Assessment District #155; Toys-R-Us.
12. Acceptance of Quit Claim Deed, Temporary Roadway Construction Easement, and Grading Permit for the Twelve Mile and Other Roadway Improvements; Parcel No. 50-22-15-200-058 Special Assessment District #155; Kohls Department Store.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items, which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerks Office)
1. Letter from Leo & Jane Krouse Re: Meadowbrook Commons rules.
2. Letter from MDEQ regarding Leaking Septic System Program Mandate Deadline.
3. Memorandum to Council dated 4/9/01 regarding the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program as it
relates to Dunbarton Regional Detention Basin.
4. Letter from Novi Building Authority Re: Meadowbrook Commons.
5. Information from Kevin Kohls Re: Carlton Forest.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
18 City Council Budget Work Session, 7-10 p.m.
19 Historical Commission
19 Ordinance Review Committee
21 City Council Budget Work Session, 9-Noon
25 Planning Commission
30 Joint Council/EDC
2 Planning Commission
7 City Council
8 Beautification Commission
10 Parks and Recreation Commission
14 Library Board
14 Joint Council/Historical Commission
16 Planning Commission
17 Historical Commission
17 Ordinance Review Committee
21 City Council