View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, JULY 26, 1999, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem
Crawford, Council Members DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC HEARING: Vacation of Chapman Drive
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for consideration of Resolution vacating Chapman Drive within
the Chapman Walled Lake Subdivision from Endwell to East Lake Drive.
- Request for approval of Contract of Lease of the City of Novi Building
Authority (Senior Complex) Bonds in the amount of $15,300,000 and
authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign the Contract.
- Request for approval of Resolution establishing West Park Drive as the
street name for the new roadway known as the Taft Road Extension and
renaming West Road from the new roadway intersection to Pontiac Trail.
- Request for discussion of the placement of the Dumpster at Children’s
World Learning Center.
- Request for Preliminary Site Plan Approval for the Town Center
Shopping Center – SP 99-18A, This project is located in Sections 14 and 23
at the northeast corner of Novi Road and Grand River Avenue and the
northwest corner of Grand River Avenue and Town Center Drive. The proposed
restaurant and retail buildings are zoned Town Center District (TC) and
Office Service District (OS-1).
- Request for a Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Novi and
the Novi Library Board for the City of Novi property located on the east
side of Taft Road south of Ten Mile Road and the Library Board property on
the south side of Ten Mile Road east of Taft Road.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
- Request for adoption of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 99-18.152 – An
Ordinance to add Section 403 to Ordinance 97-18, as amended, the City of
Novi Zoning Ordinance, to require developments in the R-1 through R-4
Zoning Districts to meet certain conditions such as, the submittal of Site
Plans, Similar/Dissimilar Standards, Façade Regulations, Off-Street
Parking and Screening Regulations and Section 2400, Schedule of
Regulations – I Reading
- Request for approval of Resolution adopting the 1999 Roadway Bond
Program, project list, proposed schedule, and estimates of cost.
- Request for approval of 1999 Six-Year Road Program and adoption of the
- Master Plan Update Presentation Special Report – Rod Arroyo
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- June 21, 1999 Special Meeting
- Schedule Executive Session to immediately follow the Regular Meeting
of July 26, 1999 for the purpose of Pending Litigation.
- Request for adoption of Ordinance Amendment 99-44.09 – An Ordinance to
Amend Article IV of Chapter 7, to include definition of dangerous
buildings, to appoint a Hearing Officer to determine whether a dangerous
building should be demolished or otherwise made safe, to develop a hearing
process and to declare any violation of this article to be a nuisance per
se – II Reading and Final Adoption.
- Request for adoption of Ordinance Amendment 99-124.11 – An Ordinance
to Amend the City of Novi Design and Construction Standards – II
Reading and Final Adoption.
- Award for West Road Reconstruction to the lowest bidder, Cadillac
Asphalt Paving Company, in the amount of $749,483.38.
- Approval of Resolution appointing JCK & Associates, Inc. as Novi's
Municipal Civil Engineer, Surveyor, Architect and Environmental
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2 for Shawood Walled Lake Heights
Subdivision Water Main, SAD-152.
- Approval of HAVEN, Inc. Contract
- Award of Bid for Civic Center Parking Lot Improvements to T & M
Asphalt, the low qualified bidder, in the amount of $456,017.90.
- Award of Bid for Street Sweeper to Bell Equipment Company, the low
bidder, in the annual amount of $27,811.98 for a period of five (5) years.
- Request for approval Revised Resolution for the Development Review Fee
- Request to replace the position of Finance Director with the position
of Assistant City Manager on the Building Authority
- Approval of Claims and Accounts
- Warrant No 550
- Letter from Oakland County Board of Commissioners, Re: June 24th
Environmental Infrastructure Meeting.
- Letter from Richard Herbel to City Council, Re: Novi-Lyons Drain
- A. Nowicki letter dated 7/21/99 to Richard Herbel in response to his
7/14/99 letter to Council.
- Letter of request from Tracy Peters, Astarte-Luna Records for City
Council to consider adopting a resolution to support community radio in
- Letter from Bill Rice to City Council, Re: Time Warner Complaint.
- Road Construction Map Update
- Oakland County Drain Commissioner letter dated 6/25/99 regarding the
Walled Lake Novi Waste Water Treatment Plant Effluent Results.
- Letter from David Clark To City Council, Re: complaint of illegal
sewer connection at 1129 E. Lake Drive.
- A. Nowicki letter dated 7/20/99 response to David Clark complaint of
illegal sewer connection at 1129 E. Lake Drive.
- Letter from Concerned Simmons Orchard Residents to City Council, Re:
Children’s World Learning Center Dumpster
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
3-City Primary Election
10-Zoning Board of Appeals
12-Parks & Recreation Commission