View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, MAY 3, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Cub Scout Pack #54
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem Crawford, Council Members
DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Presentation of Service Plaques:
- Pamela Superfisky – Beautification Commission
- Anamaria Kazanis – Beautification Commission
- William Wenzel – Economic Development Corporation
- Proposed 1999-2000 City of Novi Budget
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Adoption of Proposed 1999-2000 City of Novi Budget
- Request for adoption of a Resolution, Re: Waiver of Novi EDC
Jurisdiction for Johnson Group Services, Inc. in favor of the Oakland
County Economic Development Corporation
- Request for Design and Construction Waiver for an 8-foot Bike Path –
DIBO Building, SP 98-63, Project is located on west side of Meadowbrook
north of Grand River.
- Request for Adoption of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.148 –
Amendment to Section 1301 and to add subpart 1302.3 to Ordinance No.
97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, to include as a
principal use permitted instructional centers and to include as a
principal use permitted subject to special conditions sit-down restaurants
with a maximum seating capacity of 50 persons and carry out restaurants
that do not vent odors to the outside – II Reading and Final Adoption
- Request for Revised Tentative Preliminary Plat and Wetlands Permit
approvals – Wilshire Abbey Subdivision, SP 97-48C, project is located west
of Beck Road between Nine Mile Road and Ten Mile Road.
- Request for Final Preliminary Plat Approval – Park Place Subdivision,
SP 97-44D, project is located on the southeast corner of Napier and Nine
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
- Request for approval of Ordinance 99-96.02 – An ordinance to amend
Section 7-71 and 7-72 to permit site restoration bond to be used to clear
a site of construction debris and Adoption of a Resolution establishing
bond at $1,500.00 – I & II Reading and Final Adoption
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
- Request for Compensation for Appointed Officials – Mayor McLallen
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- April 12, 1999 Regular Meeting -Budget
- Schedule an Executive Session to immediately follow Regular Meeting of
May 3, 1999 for the purpose of Property Acquisition.
- Award bid for Self Contained Breathing Apparatus to Apollo Fire
Equipment, the sole source supplier, in the amount of $15,650 (Fire)
- Award bid for One (1) Thermal Imaging Scanner to I.S.G. Thermal
Systems, Ltd., in the amount of $16,500 (Fire)
- Award bid for Mower to W.F. Miller in the amount of $9,145 (D.P.W.)
- Award bid for Pavement Striping to R. S. Contracting in the amount of
- Award proposal for Landscape Trailer to Foote Tractor, Inc., in the
amount of $3,290 (Municipal Garage)
- Approval of MDNR Urban & Community Forestry Grant and authorization
for the Mayor to sign the required Agreement.
- Approval of Change Order No. 4 - Meadowbrook Road Improvements Project
contingent upon receipt of required easements.
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 12 and Final Balancing Change Order
No. 4 for the Leavenworth Regional Storm Water Basin Project.
- Award for the Taft Road Reconstruction Project, including Alternate 1,
to the low bidder, Summit Transport, Inc. in the amount of $510,124.50.
- Approval of Cheltenham Estates - Entranceway License Agreement and
authorization for the Mayor and Clerk to sign said Agreement.
- Approval of Agreement with Singh Development and approval of
Meadowbrook Road Paving Project Change Order No. 5 for the construction of
Burroughs Avenue approach to Meadowbrook Road, contingent upon receipt of
- Acceptance of Sanitary Sewer Easement and Temporary Construction
Easement from Herbert and Hattie Fisher for the Beck Road Sanitary Sewer
Project in the total amount of $15,001.00.
- Approval of water main easement variance for the Novi Research Park
- Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No 543
- Public Hearing Notice from Michigan Public Service Commission, Re:
Detroit Edison Co. -Case No. U-11528-R
- Notice: Cancellation of Application – Transfer Ownership 0f 1995 Class
C licensed Business from Arkin L.L.C.
- Response from Victoria Rose Regarding Public Hearing on Proposed
Zoning Ordinance Amendment 18.147.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
4-Zoning Board of Appeals
6-Economic Development Corporation
13-Parks & Recreation Commission
17-Mayor’s Exchange Day
20-Ordinance Review Committee
31-Memorial Day-City Offices Closed
1-Zoning Board of Appeals
10-Parks & Recreation Commission