View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, APRIL 5, 1999, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem
Crawford, Council Members DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Council E-mail Update – Lauri Loechli
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
- Request for conceptual understanding and contractual approval of a
park/urban space development plan from the Linder Company for the possible
development of the Novi Road/Grand River Avenue Intersection.
- Request for a Design and Construction Waiver for Boulevard driveway
width from the Carlton Forest Condominiums, SP 98-40A, located in Section
10, between 12 Mile and 12 ½ Mile Roads, and Novi and Dixon Roads.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part II
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
- Presentation of proposed City of Novi 1999-2000 Annual Budget
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- Special Meeting of March 11, 1999
- Regular Meeting of March 15, 1999
- Special Meeting of March 18, 1999
- Special Joint Meeting, with the Library Board, of March 29, 1999
- Special Meeting of March 29, 1999
- Approval of Ordinance No. 99-103.8, An Ordinance to amend Section
12-48 of the Novi Code of Ordinances to clarify the requirements for lawn
installation – II Reading and Adoption
- Approval of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.149, An ordinance to
amend the definition of "density" contained in Section 201 of Ordinance
No. 97-18, as amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance , to add the
definition of "net site area" to Section 201 to amend Section 501 of said
Ordinance to include shared elderly housing as a principal permitted use,
to amend Section 601 of said Ordinance to include independent and
congregate elderly living as a principal permitted use, to amend Section
602, subsections 1101.3 and 2301.3 to update housing terminology as
defined in Section 201, to amend the RM-1 Multifamily Residential District
designation within the schedule limiting height, bulk, density and area
contained within Section 2400 of Ordinance No. 97-18 to provide minimum
floor area requirements for an efficiency room in a RM-1 unit, to amend
the dwelling unit density regulations found in the Schedule of Regulations
contained within Section 2400 of said Ordinance, to amend footnote (d) in
Section 2400 to address the unique needs of elderly housing in Multiple
Family Districts and to delete Subsection 1903.12 – II Reading and
- Approval of American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- Re-approval of COAM Labor Contract.
- Approval to solicit construction bids for 1999 Bituminous and Concrete
- Approval to solicit construction bids for Taft Road Resurfacing
Project – Nine to Ten Mile Road.
- Approval of ERIM International as the RPO GIS/Public Awareness Project
consultant and authorization for the Attorneys to prepare an Agreement
- Approval of a Grading Permit for property purchased by Gary Roberts
from John DeMattia via land contract for the Taft Road Extension, Bridge,
Sanitary Sewer, Water Main and Wetland Mitigation Project.
- Award bid for Calcium Chloride to South Huron Industrial, Inc., the
low bidder, based on unit cost (DPW).
- Award bid for Street Sweeping to G & M Enterprises, the low bidder, in
the amount of $35,055 per year (DPW).
- Award bid for Tree Purchasing (Forestry) as follows:
- 1A to Discount Tree in the amount of $4,500 and to Christensen’s in
the amount of $164,319.25.
- Street Tree Planting 2A to D & J Lawn & Snow, Inc. in the amount of
- Twelve Mile Planting 3A to Davey Commercial Grounds Management in the
amount of $44,570.
- Tree Replanting 5 to Michigan Turf, Inc. in the amount of $9,810.
- Approval to purchase one (1) John Deere mower through the State of
Michigan Joint Purchasing program from Weingartz Supply in the amount of
- Award bid for Towing Contract to Keford Collision, the low qualified
bidder meeting the specifications, based on unit pricing.
- Award bid for softballs to Dee’s Sports Shop, in the amount of
$7,781.06 as the low bidder (Parks & Recreation)
- Approval of Administrative Personnel Policy.
- Approval to accept the Woodlands Conservation Easement from Husky
Injection Molding Systems, Inc., SP 98-35D.
- Approval of Downtown Development Authority Resolution for Oakland
- Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No 541
- Letter from Mark Adams to Mayor & Council, Re: Resignation from
Historic District Study Committee.
- Public Hearing Notice from the City of Walled Lake, Re: NE Corner of
Decker & Fourteen Mile Road Rezoning
- Letter from the Friends of the Rouge to Tonni Bartholomew, Re: Rouge
- Memorandum from JCK to City Council, Re: JCK Plan Review – 1998 –
- Letter from Fried, Watson & Bugbee to Tonni Bartholomew, Re: Council
- RCOC letter to A.W. Nowicki dated 3/3/99 advising of Novi projects
approved for funding under the TIP for 2000-2002.
- MDOT letter to A.W. Nowicki dated 3/24/99 advising of the I-275 ramp
closure detour schedule for the Five Mile Road to I-96 project.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
8-City Council Budget
12-City Council Budget
15-City Council Budget
15-Parks & Recreation
22-City Council Budget
26-City Council Budget
29-City Council Budget
4-Zoning Board of Appeals
6-Economic Development Corporation
13-Parks & Recreation Commission
17-Mayor’s Exchange Day
20-Ordinance Review Committee
31-Memorial Day-City Offices Closed