View Minutes for this meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NOVI
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 1999, AT 7:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS-NOVI CIVIC CENTER-45175 W. TEN MILE ROAD
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Mayor McLallen, Mayor ProTem
Crawford, Council Members DeRoche, Kramer, Lorenzo, Mutch, Schmid
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
- Lou Martin – City’s 30th Birthday
- Establishment of a Downtown Development Authority District along Grand
River Avenue between Beck and Meadowbrook
CONSENT AGENDA (Approval/Removals)
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION – Part I
1. Request for approval of final plat for Bristol Corners West #2
Subdivision, SP 95-17T & V, located in Section 4, north and south of
South Lake Drive and east and
west of West Road, proposed 68 lots on 46.6 acres.
2. Request for approval of Preliminary Site Plan and Special Land Use
Permit , for Epoch/Too Chez, SP 98-45A, subject to ZBA variances for side
yard parking setbacks and number of parking spaces, located in Section 15,
on the west side of Sheraton Drive near the northwest corner of the
I-96/Novi Road Interchange .
3. Request for approval of Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment 18.147 – An
amendment to amend subsections 3004.2 and 3004.3 of Ordinance No. 97.18, as
amended, the City of Novi Zoning Ordinance, to permit the Building Official
to provide reasonable conditions in the granting of a temporary use permit
for a temporary building in a subdivision or commercial development – I &
II Reading and Adoption.
BREAK AT 9:30 PM
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION: (Consent Agenda items,
which have been removed for discussion and/or action)
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA: (Background information for Consent Agenda items is
available for review at the City Clerk’s Office)
- Approve Minutes of:
- Regular Meeting of January 25, 1999
- Special Meeting of January 30, 1999
- Regular Meeting of February 1, 1999
- Special Meeting of February 1, 1999
- Special Meeting of February 8, 1999
- Schedule Executive Sessions:
- Monday, March 1, 1999, at 6:30 P.M. for the purpose of Pending
- Monday, March 15, 1999 at 6:30 P.M. for the purpose of Union
- Schedule Special Joint Meeting with EDC onThursday, February 25, 1999
at 7:00 P.M. prior to City Council Interviews for Boards and Commissions
- Approve Ordinance No. 99-23.17 – To amend the provisions pertaining to
the offense of drawing a check without sufficient funds – II Reading &
- Approve Renewal of Arcade License – Mr. B’ s Farm, 24555 Novi Road
- Approve adoption of Resolution and Agreement of Sale/Offer to Purchase
Real Estate from Herbert and Hattie Fisher for the Beck Road Sanitary
Sewer Project .
- Approve adoption of Resolution and Agreement of Sale/Offer to Purchase
Real Estate from Mary Jane Masters, J.R. Burgess, a/k/a Robert Burgess,
Mary C. Bosco, a/k/a Catherine Bosco and Paul A. Bosco, Internal Revenue
Service & Michigan Department of Treasury for the Beck Road Sanitary Sewer
and the Beck Road/Eleven Mile Road Intersection Improvements Projects.
- Approve adoption of Authorizing Resolution and Interagency Agreement
between Wayne County and the City of Novi for the Rouge River National Wet
Weather Demonstration Project (Novi Septic System and Illicit Discharge
Data Development Project).
- Approval of SCATS Traffic Signal Installation Agreement with the Road
Commission for Oakland County for Novi Road/Thirteen Mile Road
Intersection (RCOC Project No. 95121).
- Approval of Right-of-Way License Agreement with Lee and Lisa McKenna
for the installation of a brick paver driveway approach at 24440 Mill
Stream in the Willowbrook Estates Subdivision.
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 10 and Final Balancing Change Order
No. 3 for the Novi Ice Arena Access Road a/k/a Arena Drive Project.
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 9 and Final Balancing Change Order
No. 5 for the 1997 Bituminous Paving Improvements Program.
- Approval of Final Pay Estimate No. 4 and Final Balancing Change Order
No. 1 for the Nine Mile Road/Beck Road Intersection Improvements project.
- Approval of concept design for the Haggerty District Regional
Detention Basin, authorization to prepare preliminary engineering plans
and right-of-way/easement documents, as needed, and authorization to
continue pursuit of a partnering concept for the basin construction.
- Approval of award for the Munro Creek By-Pass Channel (a/k/a Yorkshire
Basin Removal Project) to the low bidder, Ahern Contracting, in the amount
- Approval of adoption of Resolution accepting sanitary sewer easements
being granted by Providence Hospital for the Eleven Mile/Wixom Road
Sanitary Sewer Extension Project.
- Approval of the Thompson Glass Company Relocation Claim and
authorization of the $20,000 payment associated with the Crescent
Boulevard Extension Project.
- Approval of adoption of Resolution and acceptance of Water Main
Easement from the Novi Group for the construction of the water main along
the frontage of Bristol Corners West Nos. 2 & 3.
- Approval to reject bids for the Eubank Street Water Main (SAD #149),
Austin Drive Water Main Phase I (SAD #151), Austin Drive Water Main Phase
II, and Erma Street Improvements; authorization to delete the Austin Drive
Water Main Phase II Project; authorization for the City Attorneys to
modify contract language to provide for award by division; and
authorization to solicit new construction proposals.
- Award bid for Tree Trimming Program and the Tree Removal Program to
Professional Tree Service based on unit pricing (Forestry).
- Award bid for Tree Planting Program, Parts 1,2 & 3, to Michigan Turf,
Inc., in the amount of $391,829 and Part 4 to Greenscape Turf, Inc., in
the amount of $59,572.00
V. Approval of Claims and Accounts:
- Warrant 536
- Warrant 537
- Letter from Hyman Lippitt P.C., Re: Opposition to Downtown Development
- Letter from Jack and Susan Couzens to City Council, Re: Beckenham
- Letter from Sarah Gray to City Council, Re: Proposed amendments for
Ordinance Review Committee review
- Letter from Sarah Gray to Nancy Reutter and reply, Re: Mandatory trash
- Letter from James Korte to City Council, Re: Bruce Jerome
- Letter from James Korte to Planning Department, Re: Lakeview Bar &
- Letter from James Korte to Tonni Bartholomew, Re: 2026 Austin
- Letter from James Korte to Novi Police Department, Re: Sgt. Whitfield
& Lt. McNamara
- Letter from James Korte to Terry Morrone, Re: 2026 Austin water
- Letter from James Korte to Detective Fanning, Re: Broken
- Letter from James Korte to Cindy Uglow, Re: Formal Complaint-2214
- Fax from Eda Weddington, Re: Topics for Joint Planning/Council Meeting
- Letter from Cynthia Sheppard to Library Board, Re: Internet access
- Letter from Lt. Johnson to Chief Lenaghan, Re: Fire Department
- Memo from Craig Klaver, Re: Joint meeting agenda for March 18, 1999
- Proposed Road Improvements Projects Update with map, as requested by
17.Petitions requesting the City of Novi to provide proper facilities for
the arts programs.
SCHEDULED MEETINGS - All Regular Council Meetings are held in the
Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
25-City Council Interviews
27-Novi’s 30th Birthday Party
2-Board of Review
4-Economic Development Corporation
8-Board of Review
9-Board of Review
10-Board of Review
11-Joint Council, Planning and ZBA
11-Board of Review
11-Parks and Recreation Commission
12-Board of Review
18-Joint Council, Parks & Rec. and Historical