Check out this guide for children who are home alone. (From the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
DO YOU KNOW?
- Your home phone number and address?
- Your parent’s full name, where they work, and phone numbers where they can be reached?
- When to use 911?
- Who a trusted neighbor is that you can go to for help?
- To check in with a parent as soon as you get home?
- That if you answer the phone, just say that your parent cannot come to the phone and take a message?
- To always lock your doors when you get home?
- That you should never open the door for or talk to anyone who comes to your home unless you know and trust the person and your parent said that it was okay?
- To only use appliances like the stove if your parents said it was okay and you know how to use it?