Novi Parks’ leagues are formed and operated on the principles of good sportsmanship, fair play, and healthy activity. Our community atmosphere allows players and coaches to focus on fundamental player development and fun, while competing at a high level. The success of the program is made possible with the great support of volunteer coaches.
Novi Parks Soccer Club will be implementing social distancing guidelines as advised by CDC and MSYSA recommendations. More details will be distributed closer to the program start date.
- Select is a higher level of competition than recreational play.
- Teams can be formed for ages U8-U19.
- Age divisions with multiple teams will be tiered: (1) Gold, (2) Blue, (3) White.
- One-season teams can be formed for middle school and high school players.
- The Lightning cost is $349 for a Novi resident and $399 for a non-resident. This includes both the Fall and Spring seasons. Full uniform is sold separately.
- Teams will practice twice during the week, weather permitting.
- There will be 16 games (8 in the Fall and 8 in the Spring).
- Coaches will work with opposing teams and Novi Parks to initially schedule games.
- Coaches will receive $75 credit to their family accounts after the soccer year.
2020-21 Team Formation & Tryout
Due to the current situation and the unknowns ahead, MSYSA will not sanction in-person tryouts for Select level teams for the 2020-21 soccer year. This includes our NPSC Lightning program. Interested players need to:
- Sign up (no cost) for Select Soccer Interest List – NPSC Lightning
- Contact coaches for more information: 2020-21 Lightning Coach Contact
Currently, these teams are actively looking for more players:
- Boys U9 Lightning Blue (Born 2012 or 2013): Coaches Mario Said & Chris Faut
- Boys U11 Lightning Gold (Born 2010 or 2011): Coaches Cris McAleer & Ade Badiru
- Boys U13 Lightning Blue (Born 2008 or 2009): Coach Chris Pall
- Boys U14 Lightning Gold (Born 2007 or 2008): Coaches Ryan Riehl & Chris Pappas
- Girls U7-U8 Lightning Gold (Born 2013 or 2014): Coach Sefi Grossman
- Girls U9 Lightning Gold (Born 2012): Coach Alex Kunets
- Girls U13-U14 Lightning Gold (Born 2007 or 2008): Coach Austin Holm
Extending & Accepting Offers
Coaches will extend offers to players until teams are full. To accept an offer, players and parents/guardians must sign a WSSL Player Registration Form
and send it to Chase Root
. This form can be completed electronically using the fillable pdf form. Players will also need to turn in a copy of their birth certificate and register for the league prior to the registration deadline.
Parents will also need to complete a USYS Medical Release Form
for their child. This form should be given to the player’s coach during the first training session. Coaches will keep this on-hand in case of emergency at the fields.
Uniforms & Spiritwear
Uniforms are ordered separately from the Novi Parks player registration. Coaches will assign numbers to each of the players or let them choose their numbers. There cannot be duplicates.
- Order uniforms at NPSC Lightning Uniform Order
- Required items: primary & conflict jerseys, shorts, and socks
- Confirm with your coach regarding available jersey numbers
- Uniforms must be ordered by July 4 to guarantee delivery before the season!
- Spiritwear is optional. Use coupon code NOVI75 to get free shipping on total orders $75 or more.
Guest Players (Passcarding)
Coaches can seek out guest players in situations where their team would otherwise play shorthanded or with 0-1 substitutes, not to supplement established rosters with 2+ substitutes. NPSC players can guest play onto other NPSC teams, while adhering to Statute C in the WSSL Laws of the Game. For full guest player rules, visit www.wsslsoccer.org
Sponsorship to Michigan State Premier Soccer Program (MSPSP)
- MSPSP has age divisions from U13-U19.
- Coaches can request to have their team be sponsored into MSPSP. Teams that finish at the top of Division 1 the previous year are eligible. Novi Parks will make the final decision on whether or not to sponsor the team to MSPSP.
- If sponsored, Novi Parks will pay the MSPSP fall and spring season fees. However, the team will be responsible for all their games’ referee fees (paid cash on-site).
- MSPSP states that teams are responsible for half of the referee fees for every game. This includes both the home AND away games.
- MSPSP coaches must have a U.S. Soccer Grassroots or Class E License.
- Coaches must submit a copy (via email) of their license at the time of registration.