The City of Novi, MI (59,000 est. population, located in desirable Oakland County, SE Michigan) seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Forester to serve as part of the Department of Public Works administrative team. The essential functions of this position include planning, planting, inspecting, maintaining, and removing forestry assets in line with City standards.
- Assists the Field Operations Senior Manager with determining necessary resources (labor, materials, equipment, contractors) to carry-out all forestry operations.
- Leads the development of a comprehensive Forestry Management Program, including planting, removal, pruning, and the general maintenance thereof.
- Performs Risk Tree Assessments and Tree Valuations as needed.
- See job description for further details
You hold either a Bachelor of Science degree with a forestry related curriculum or five years of experience administering urban forestry operations, or closely related field. Designation as an ISA Certified Arborist preferred, and a valid State of Michigan driver’s license is required. You are highly proficient with basic computer operations and have a demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships with community leaders, public agencies, private organizations, business clients, co-workers and the general public.
Snapshot of our Benefits:
- Generous paid time off program
- Robust Employee Wellness & Engagement program. Past events have included Beautification Day, Mental Health Awareness Seminars, Cooking Well Series, BaconFest, Heart & Vascular Screenings, and Yoga at Work!
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Cafeteria Health Insurance Plan
- Dental insurance provided by the City of Novi
- Life insurance provided by the City of Novi
- 401a retirement plan & retiree health savings account with employer contribution
- Optional Roth IRA & 457 retirement plans
- Various personal and professional growth training resources
- Tuition reimbursement program and Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility
$55,000 - $60,000 DOQ, with a comprehensive fringe benefit package.
Apply promptly with completed City of Novi application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources or Department of Human Resources, 45175 Ten Mile Road, Novi, MI 48375. Phone: 248-347-0452. Deadline: May 24, 2019. EOE
Instructions for completing the Employment Application
IMPORTANT: Please do not complete the Employment Application from your browser. Because some browsers do not support fillable forms, we request that you download the Employment Application to your computer to complete. Depending on what browser you are using, completing the Employment Application from your browser may result in the inability to use the fillable fields, use the Submit button, or have other unknown results.
How to download the Employment Application to your computer:
1. RIGHT click on the link above, and select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer, Edge), or "Save Link As" (Chrome or Firefox), or "Download Linked File" (Safari) and save the Application to your computer.
2. Open the Application from your computer, complete/sign the application, and click on Submit.
3. After you click on Submit, and your email is ready to send, you can add other attachments (like a Cover Letter and Resume).