|We are suspending Notary services through March 20, 2020
Notary services will be provided pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and the following Notary Service Policy of the City of Novi:
Notaries acting on the behalf of the City of Novi shall:
- Only notarize documents written in English, or with the English translation attached.
- Notarize completed documents, which shall not contain blanks.
- Not notarize copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing documents, trusts or wills.
- Confirm the identity of all individuals requesting notary service against a government issued photo identification card.
- Act as a witness to and notarize the same document.
- Not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record.
We reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document.