Agenda - Thursday, December 20, 2018
PARKS, RECREATION & CULTURAL SERVICES COMMISSION AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018 – 7 P.M.
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
2. ROLL CALL: Commissioners Dooley, Thomopoulos, Joshi, Muzzin, Pratt, Staab, Torimoto, Student Representatives Jooho Lee, Alice Wou
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
4. CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the PRCS Office no later than 12:00 p.m. noon the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of November 2018 minutes
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Walkable Novi – Commissioners Thomopoulos & Muzzin
B. Novi Park Foundation – Commissioners Staab & Torimoto
C. Grants Committee – Commissioners Dooley & Joshi
D. Parks Updates
1. Lakeshore Park – Commissioner Joshi
2. Meadowbrook Commons – Commissioner Thomopoulos
3. Brookfarm Park (Nov.) – Commissioner Muzzin
4. Rotary Park (Sept.) – Commissioner Pratt
7. STAFF REPORTS:
A. Administration Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Park Project Updates
B. Recreation Division – Deputy Director Tracie Ringle
1. Program & Services
C. Older Adults Division – Older Adult Services Manager Karen Kapchonick
1. Program & Services
8. MATTERS FOR COMMISSION DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION:
Sports Update by Recreation Supervisor Greg Morris
9. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
10. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS:
12. FUTURE EVENTS:
20 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
24-25 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center, Novi Public Library Closed
31 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center, Novi Public Library Closed
31 “All That Glitters for the New Year” Luncheon @ Meadowbrook Activity Center – 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
1 City Offices, Meadowbrook Activity Center Closed; Novi Public Library Open
5 Shred Day @ Corrigan Records Storage – 9 a.m.-noon
7 Finding Bigfoot Begins
7 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
11 Nerf Wars @ Novi Civic Center – 6:30-8 p.m.
17 Parks Commission @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
18 Novi Hockey Challenge (Police/Fire vs. Red Wings Alumni) @ Novi Ice Arena – 7:45 p.m.
19 Chili Chilly Softball Showdown @ Power Park – 9 a.m.
27 Turning Teen: Body Basics @ Novi Civic Center – 2-4 p.m.
28 City Council @ Council Chambers – 7 p.m.
31 The Extraordinary Genius of Michigan's David Barr @ Novi Public Library – 7-8:30 p.m.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department 248.347.0400 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.