Agenda - Monday, October 28, 2019
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY AS AUTHORIZED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-154 SIGNED BY GOVERNOR WHITMER ON JULY 17, 2020, IN ORDER TO MITIGATE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19, PROTECT THE PUBLIC HEALTH, AND PROVIDE ESSENTIAL PROTECTIONS TO VULNERABLE MICHIGANDERS BY LIMITING IN-PERSON CONTACT AND THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INTERACTING AT PUBLIC GATHERINGS. MEMBERS OF CITY COUNCIL AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC MAY PARTICIPATE BY ELECTRONIC MEANS, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
The City will be utilizing the video/audio conferencing platform Zoom. Members of the public body will be able to hear and speak to each other for the entire meeting. Except for any closed session portions of the meeting, members of the public will be able to hear (and possibly see) members of the public body during the entire meeting, but will only be able to speak during a public comment period.
In order to connect to the meeting through ZOOM a member of the public needs to do the following:
Members of the public participating in the public comment via ZOOM will wait in a virtual queue until called during the public comment period.
When public comment is permitted, members of the public will be called one at a time, as would happen during an in-person meeting. A meeting coordinator will determine the order of public speakers. If you want to speak, you must use the "Raise Hand" feature in order for our moderator to know they need to be unmuted. When you are unmuted, you will have three (3) minutes to share your comments to the public body. At the conclusion of your comments or your three (3) minutes, you will be re-muted and then removed from the queue.
Participants may also choose to submit comments that can be read into the record. Comments can be submitted via an electronic form on www.cityofnovi.org. Comments shall be done prior to 7 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Forms can be found at:
Procedures by which persons may contact members of the public body prior to a meeting.
The City of Novi government e-mail addresses of the members of all public bodies utilizing this means of meeting are available on the City’s website at:
Procedures for participation by persons with disabilities.
The City will be following its normal procedures for accommodation of persons with disabilities. Those individuals needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
CITY OF NOVI
Regular City Council Meeting
October 28, 2019 | 7:00 PM
Council Chambers | Novi Civic Center |45175 Ten Mile Road
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
: Mayor Gatt, Mayor Pro Tem Staudt, Council Members Breen, Casey, Mutch, Poupard, Verma
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Proclamation to Celebrate the 200th Birthday of Oakland County - Monique Harlan, Oakland County Bicentennial Celebration Executive Committee
2. Galaxy Gazers Research Project
3. Recognition of Council Members Ramesh Verma and Doreen Poupard
- In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the City Clerk’s Office no later than 12:00 P.M. the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS AND APPROVALS
- All items listed under Consent Agenda are considered routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council Member so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered at the end of the normal Agenda.
MATTERS FOR COUNCIL ACTION
1. Consideration of requests from Texas Roadhouse Holdings LLC d/b/a Texas Roadhouse:
A) Consideration of a request for Special Land Use approval for service of alcoholic beverages.
B) Consideration of request to transfer ownership of escrowed 2018 Class C license with Sunday Sales Permit (AM/PM), Specific Purpose Permit (Food), and Outdoor Service Area (1) from Outback Steakhouse of Florida, LLC (a Florida Limited Liability Company) 1880 S. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307 to Texas Roadhouse Holdings LLC, d/b/a Texas Roadhouse, a new business to be located at 26730 Adell Center Drive, Novi, MI 48375.
2. Consideration of approval to purchase two (2) 2020 Ford F-150s and two (2) 2020 Ford F-350s from Signature Ford, through the Macomb County Cooperative Purchasing Contract; and the upfits to be completed by Truck and Trailer Specialties through the City of Rochester Hills RFP contract, in the amount of $144,762.
3. Consideration of approval to purchase four (4) 2020 Ford Escape Hybrids and two (2) 2020 Ford Escape from Signature Ford, through the Macomb County Cooperative Purchasing Contract, in the amount of $155,980.
4. Approval to award the purchase of playground equipment at Lakeshore Park to Landscape Structures in the amount of $192,142.80, using an HGAC Buy cooperative purchasing contract and Approval to award the installation of the playground equipment at Lakeshore Park to Penchura LLC in the amount of $57,857.75.
5. Approval of resolution to authorize Budget Amendment #2020-1
– In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit. This is not a question-answer session. However, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council. Speakers wishing to display visual materials through the City’s audiovisual system must provide the materials to the City Clerk’s Office no later than 12:00 P.M. the day of the meeting. The materials cannot be changed before the meeting.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ISSUES
CONSENT AGENDA REMOVALS FOR COUNCIL ACTION
– Consent Agenda items which have been removed for discussion and/or action.
– Background information for Consent Agenda items is available for review at the City Clerk’s Office.
A. Approval of Minutes of October 7, 2019 - Regular Meeting
B. Approval to award the Sport Clothing and Apparel contract to Impressive Promotional for one (1) year with two (2) renewal options in one-year increments based on unit pricing; with an annual estimated annual amount of $26,500.
C. Approval to purchase four (4) speed signs for the Novi Police Department from All Traffic Solutions, sole source provider, in the amount of $16,780.
D. Approval of Resolution regarding Temporary Holiday Promotional Signage allowing temporary relief from Sign Ordinance from November 29 through December 26, 2019.
E. Approval of a Street Light Purchase Agreement with Detroit Edison Company for the installation and ongoing operation cost of five (5) street lights; one (1) at the entrance of Emerson Park off of Novi Road and four (4) within the subdivision, and approval of an agreement with Pulte Homes of Michigan, LLC for the sharing of installation and ongoing operation costs per the City’s Street Lighting Policy.
F. Approval of a cost participation agreement with the Oakland County Board of Commissioners for the proposed reconstruction of Lee BeGole Drive, in the amount of $104,471.
G. Approval to purchase a Hewlett Packard L 365 64-inch Latex Printer, Graphtec 54-inch Plotter with Ethernet kit, and GFP 355 TH 55-inch top heat laminator Package from Grimco Inc., in the amount of $28,195.11.
H. Approval of a Storm Drainage Facility Maintenance Easement Agreement (SDFMEA) from Pulte Homes of Michigan, for Villas at Stonebrook located north of Eleven Mile Road and east of Wixom Road (parcel 50-22-17-301-085).
I. Final approval of the request of Cambridge of Novi, LLC for the First Amendment to the previously-approved Planned Rezoning Overlay (PRO) Plan and Agreement, JSP 17-52, Terra, formerly known as Villa D’Este, associated with Zoning Map Amendment 18.718. The applicant proposed a 41-unit single-family ranch housing development on approximately 30.14 acres on the north side of Nine Mile Road, east of Napier Road. The current amendment is requested to allow greater flexibility for construction of individual homes, to allow alternate pavement material for sidewalks and driveways, and for other minor changes.
J. Approval of request for Fireworks Display Permit by City of Novi Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, to be operated by ACE Pyro, on Friday, December 6, 2019 for the Light Up the Night community event, subject to final approval as to form by City Manager and City Attorney.
K. Authorization to take all actions necessary to modify the funding arrangement with the current health insurance provider, Health Alliance Plan (HAP), to self-insurance coverage administered by HAP, with the same benefits as are currently provided, with excess or stop loss coverage to be secured through HAP’s preferred insurance partner.
L. Approval of Claims and Accounts – Warrant No. 1046
- All Regular Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers unless otherwise noted. For a complete listing of scheduled meetings, please visit the Event Calendar at cityofnovi.org.
NOTICE: People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact the City Clerk (248) 347-0456 at least two working days in advance of the meeting. An attempt will be made to make reasonable accommodations.
We kindly request that you turn off all cell phones while in the Council Chambers. Thank you.