You can now register to receive emergency notifications on your cell phone. These notifications will include emergency situations that may impact individuals and businesses in the City of Novi. The City of Novi Emergency Notification System enables and empowers interested parties to be aware of significant incidents in the City of Novi. Currently the City of Novi has the ability to send this information to landlines, but by registering your cell phone online, you will be able to receive emergency notifications when you are away from your home.
Examples of Emergency Notifications include:
- Chemical spills impacting public health
- Active shooter situations causing an evacuation or Shelter-In-Place orders
- Significant road closures such as highway closures or events that will significantly affect traffic flow
- Closure or interruption in service to City of Novi operations
- Additional notifications affecting the health and safety of City of Novi residents and / or businesses
- Weather conditions such as watches and warnings or advisories will not be broadcast through the City of Novi Emergency Notification System
The online registration tool allows citizens to self-register their cell phone on a secure web site, entering their name and personal contact information with their own username and password.
Notifications of emergencies, disasters or hazardous situations which would require immediate action will be received as an incoming phone call, and will provide information through a computer generated voice message.
It is the responsibility of the registered individual to ensure their contact information is accurate and up-to-date.
The purpose of this service is to provide accurate and helpful information to citizens and businesses in the event of an emergency.