Notary services will be provided pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and the following Notary Service Policy of the City of Novi:
Notaries acting on the behalf of the City of Novi shall:
- Only notarize documents written in English, or with the English translation attached.
- Notarize completed documents, which shall not contain blanks.
- Not notarize copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing documents, trusts or wills.
- Confirm the identity of all individuals requesting notary service against a government issued photo identification card.
- Act as a witness to and notarize the same document.
- Not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record.
We reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document.